F

fftfk

Enthusiast
I have been searching all morning and just can’t find what I’m looking for and was wondering if someone had a suggestion. I am looking for a dac with an optical input and coax digital input (not sure of the technical name) that will automatically switch between inputs. I would like to keep the cost under $300-$400. I can go higher if need be but would prefer not to.

Two (or more digital inputs with at least one coax and one optical.
Automatically switches inputs. (Second choice would be a remote that you can directly set the input).
Sounds decent.

Those are my only requirements but I haven’t been able to find one. I was looking at the musical fidelity V90 but it has a toggle switch to switch inputs and no remote.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

fftfk

Enthusiast
Any recommendations? Is there a DAC that will automatically switch sources? I know there is in receivers but haven’t found a stand alone. I am thinking of going with the Marantz HD-DAC1 as a compromise.

F

fftfk

Enthusiast
Alright- final attempt...any thoughts between a Marantz HD-DAC1 and a Benchmark Dac1? At one time the Benchmark was the standard but it is 3 generations old (about 10 years now). Would I hear a difference?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis