Currently have the new cornwall III, is 804 D3 an upgrade?

R

Rtsr

Audiophyte
Strictly for music listening and quality of sound is the 804 D3 a better sounding speaker? Just looking for you option for those who have heard both.

Thanks

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Better? Hard to say because they're completely different speakers!

Klipsch Cornwall III is a very large cabinet with a 15" woofer. It's more sensitive so needs less power than the B&W 804 D3 to get to the same SPL. If you like the Klipsch Cornwall sound, you will find the B&W 804 D3 to be perhaps "clearer" and faster-acting from mid-bass on up, but they can't touch the bass you get from the Cornwall III's. You would need a subwoofer to get there.

Overall quality of sound, I happen to prefer the B&W. You may not.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Some more info on your system would help--

Is your amplification solid-state or tube? Klipsch Heritage owners almost universally prefer tubes for their speakers.

Do you intend to use a sub? Comparing dual 6.5's to a 15" for bass is like comparing a Ford Ranger to an 18-wheeler for towing.

I think making the right decision will depend most on what kind of system you are integrating these speakers into.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Some more info on your system would help--

Is your amplification solid-state or tube? Klipsch Heritage owners almost universally prefer tubes for their speakers.

Do you intend to use a sub? Comparing dual 6.5's to a 15" for bass is like comparing a Suzuki Samurai to an 18-wheeler for towing.

I think making the right decision will depend most on what kind of system you are integrating these speakers into.
FTFY

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis