Cubans Allowed Cell Phones for First Time

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This week hundreds of Cubans filled the streets to get their first ever cell phone - something that had, until now been barred for anyone except authorized government officials and foreigners. The state-owned telephone offices started taking orders and delivering phones to residents after President Raul (brother of) Castro began easing restrictions on purchasing and using cellular phones. Owners of illegal cell phones, or those licensed in someone else's name could also register for actual service with no penalties.

Discuss "Cubans Allowed Cell Phones for First Time" here. Read the article.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I bet the Cubans get better wireless data rates than are available in Canada!

Apple can now negotiate a reasonable unlimited plan for Cuban iPhone customers so they can download Buena Vista Social Club from iTunes.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Now that's progress!:rolleyes: The vaunted (by nuts everywhere) "worker's paradise" of the Caribbean finally gets cell phones, anyone want to bet they'll be "tapped" by the government? It won't be like here where it takes a few key words to get the computer to monitor you, there it'll be all the time.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I think it's nice that they let all those people in jail have phones. :rolleyes:

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I can se it now driving around that 56 chevelle with the Moto brick in hand.

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
I think it's nice that they let all those people in jail have phones. :rolleyes:
Humm
You must think Cuba is one Big jail .
It seems Little by Little for the Cubans . What is the downside to all the new rule changes , only time will tell . I heard that land titles and one currences is next .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis