Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone play Crysis?
I know it's a bit dated.
I got it used and waited until I upgraded my video card.
What did you think of it?

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anyone play Crysis?
I know it's a bit dated.
I got it used and waited until I upgraded my video card.
What did you think of it?
I am bored too.

I don't like FPS's so I guess I can't say I have (it isn't that dated - I still play games from the late 90's :)) - but I do know it takes one hell of a graphics card. What kind did you upgrade to?

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I still play it. Fun game and great graphics. I run:

Intel Q 9450
EVGA 790i Ultra
2 x EVGA 9800GTX (SLI)
OCZ 2x2gb DDR3 1600
2 x 150gb Raptors (Raid 0)
2 x 1tb Samsung (Raid 1)
2 x Samsung DVD Writers
PC Power & Cooling TurboCool 1200
Cosmos S Case
Samsung SyncMaster 245BW
Vista x64 Ultimate (PoS)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
(it isn't that dated - I still play games from the late 90's :))
That just seems so last century. :)

- but I do know it takes one hell of a graphics card. What kind did you upgrade to?
I'm ok as far as recommended sys req; though I haven't even loaded the game yet.
The video card is an overclocked GeForce 8800GT.
It seems like I just got it; but I've had it a year already, and it wasn't the latest or greatest then.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
That just seems so last century. :)

I'm ok as far as recommended sys req; though I haven't even loaded the game yet.
The video card is an overclocked GeForce 8800GT.
It seems like I just got it; but I've had it a year already, and it wasn't the latest or greatest then.
Yeah, I still play SimCity 2000 once in a while, and Diablo II as well; I am all for nostalgia. :)

The 8800GT is still a pretty dang good card, especially overclocked (it outdoes the GTX in a lot of tests, for less money, and they just basically put new stickers on it for the 9800GT). I just upgraded last spring from an 8800GTS to an overclocked ATI HD 4890 so I could play Fallout 3 at max settings and play with SolidWorks more effectively. I really prefer NVIDIA cards and software but all of their cards are HUGE and won't fit in my case.

Of course, I had to warranty the card once and get an aftermarket cooler for it because it sounded like my vacuum cleaner, but now everything is working pretty good. :rolleyes:

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I still play Crysis with a couple friends. I rarely go onto any public servers. The game may be a couple years old but it is still the best looking game I have ever seen or played. It is fun too and very well done. There are tons of custom maps available that keeps it new. I have over 100 custom maps in my Crysis folder. CryMod has a database of custom maps.

S

septim

Audioholic
I keep trying to play it but lose interest each time. It looks gorgeous but the gameplay just doesn't click for me.

I don't think that free-roaming open world game design and FPS go together (which is why you don't see it often).

Also for a game that encourages free roaming gameplay its awfully restrictive. Automatic deaths if you leave the combat area, and the strict time limits on the suit powers rob this game of any potential fun.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
A superb game on my oppinion, the second version is not that good as the first one. BTW, i finished that game with a Nvidia 6800

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis