Crutchfield Now Selling Elac Adante Speakers!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
They are even good enough to saw in half. :)

Yeah, what a waste of money. But, all joking aside these are a bit odd in design. Maybe just different as odd may be a bit too harsh. If I were going for something like these, then I think that I would just opt for the BMR's myself. :):):) However, I would love to hear what they sound like. Just curious if someone here already has.

Cheers,

Phil

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
I listened to the tower version at last year's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Spoke for a moment with the designer, Andrew Jones, who happened to be there. I thought they were on par with the Revel 208s.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I listened to the tower version at last year's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Spoke for a moment with the designer, Andrew Jones, who happened to be there. I thought they were on par with the Revel 208s.
Wow! The Revels? A friend of mine just recently bought a set of the 208's and he loves them! I like the looks of the AS-61. They weigh like over 35 lbs. or so. Think that I would still opt for the BMR's though.

Cheers,

Phil

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
If I were in the market today, I think I'd go for trip of BMRs across the front. Need to save some cash, though.

Must...be...content...!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If I were in the market today, I think I'd go for trip of BMRs across the front. Need to save some cash, though.

Must...be...content...!
Yeah me too. Cash flow is a bit low right now. BTW, meet AJ had to be cool. He seems like a real nice down to Earth type of guy. Lucky you! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Yeah me too. Cash flow is a bit low right now. BTW, meet AJ had to be cool. He seems like a real nice down to Earth type of guy. Lucky you! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
It was fun to meet him. He very easy going and unassuming. He also designed the Pioneer Elite speakers I'm currently using. They're good speakers that give plenty of sq. I just know I won't have them forever...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It was fun to meet him. He very easy going and unassuming. He also designed the Pioneer Elite speakers I'm currently using. They're good speakers that give plenty of sq. I just know I won't have them forever...
Nice! I have read that AJ had designed speakers costing thousands of dollars. Very high end designs where cost is no object. It is obvious he knows what he is doing. That has to be a cool job inmho. Maybe one day I will get to hear the AS-61's. Sure hope so. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Recently got a catalog from Crutchfield in the mail. In it were some pics of the AS-61 speakers. In fact, there is a real good pic of the X-over. It looks quite extensive and/or complicated. Is there anyone here that could shed some light on the X-over? My guess it is a 17-element 4th order X-over for all of the drivers, no?

http://catalog.crutchfield.com/app.php?RelId=6.8.1.4.7

Note: Just open the Spring 2018 catalog and go to pages 36 and 37 to see the X-overs. They can also be zoomed in and out. Could not get a direct link to work for some reason. Sorry, but I am no computer guru!

The quality of the X-over components also look extraordinary to me. Certainly not run of the mill if you will. Was hoping someone here has actually heard the AS-61's and could chime in, no? Lastly, sensitivity at 85 dB is very low. There is no doubt that these babies are going to like power! The wave guides on the tweeter also look rather odd to me.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis