Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I think that your "rack" priorities are a bit messed up.

:D
Perhaps it's more of a dress code for the kitchen hint for the wife! :eek::D:eek:

Probably wouldn't be wise to fry up bacon in that uniform though... :eek:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been listening to my system in it's current configuration for a week now. I have to be blunt about this, so here goes......

HOLY COW! I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Fellow Audioholics, you're all due a huge thanks.

I firmly believe to improve the sound even just a little would require a dump truck full of cash.

This has been one hell of a journey to get where we are now. The journey started with a Sony mini system hooked to a 48" Mitsubishi tv, and has grown into a full-fledged hi-fi dedicated theater.
a) You are welcome ;):D
b) Your journey is not over, maybe taking a short break - recovering till upgradisis strikes again... Who knows one day you visit Warp and realize than you'd like to have a similar levels of bass :rolleyes: ;)

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I agree about it not being over....

3D projection needs to mature a bit......

We'll probably wait 'till second Gen........

Maybe.....:D

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
A few changes have been made so here are some pics.

Changes include moving the subs up front to make room for the seats and the bar. The seats are power recline from HTC.

Enjoy! We have been!!

Last edited by a moderator:
timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!

That is one fine looking setup. I know it sounds incredible too, specially with those DUAL Ultras :eek:

Im very interested to hear some critical listening feedback on your beautiful new Towers&Center. I was looking into those same ones but not sure it would be a big enough step up, if any, from what i already have. But still love to get your honest thoughts.

From the looks of things, the finish on them is perfect. I really love the 3 way design & the driver arrangement they have.

I notice your room is sealed once the door is closed, wow the bass must be chilling :) i have a VTF-15H & MBM-12 (which sound absolutely fantastic btw) but my room has a couple very large openings to other parts of the house so i know i have a lot of suck-out :( im still very pleased though :)

Well i love seeing your pictures! Arent big upgrades just SO D@MN FUN!!!

Now relax & enjoy....when the bug bites again, try tweaking with placement & EQing or room treatments. Those type of free or cheap improvements always help curb my upgrade itch. Just a friendly thought.

Again, CONGRATS & ENJOY!!!!

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Nothing new to report.

All the gear is working perfectly still.

Still considering 3D.....

Thoughts?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My thought is that 3D is still pretty hit and miss. Some movies look spectacular, while many more look simply blah.

More movies are being shot with scenes specifically for 3D, but IMO it's still not where it needs to be to make a significant (at least significant to me) investment in 3D TV or projector.

I've been told 3D projectors, especially the big money ones, can make a significant difference in how you see the 3D images and overall quality of the (3D) movie, however I know that with the majority of movies and TVs I've seen 3D movies on have left me underwhelmed for the most part. YMMV.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
All the gear is working perfectly still.
Your point? That doesn't stop most of us. :D

I don't have much interest in 3D myself, but I can see the allure of getting some new capability. My next TV will be 3D unless the industry moves away from it by then, as the TVs that I'm looking at just happen to be 3D.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Adam, adding a capability is precisely what's driving me now.

We've been very pleased with the theater so far. There hasn't been an issue that has come up and sparked upgradeitis.

*Remembers that a mini-fridge is NEEDED*

There's also the desire for two more subs, but power is already an issue. We rent our home and can't run dedicated power. This has left us having to run the projector power from the bathroom that's right behind it's location just to stop tripping the breaker.

No, it's not the most graceful answer, but removing the projector's ~300 watt draw from the circuit stopped tripping the breaker.

I'm rationally trying to convince myself that more subs isn't practical, yet while I'm typing it I am planning to see what's new at SVS.

The performance gains from adding two more subs would be a subtle smoothing of the bass in the room. Not real exciting.

So, 3D has been the recent object of lust. That at least would be something new.:eek:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Finally bought a house, theater had to change.

Well, we finally took the leap into home ownership. Life is good, theater.... mostly. The new place made me strike some serious comprises. I'll post up some pics, impressions of the new set up, and eventually a classified for my projector tomorrow. There's been a bit of a hiatus, but we'll get into the whys tomorrow.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I just realised, I never mentioned the move to an Epson 5020 3D projector. Shame on me.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Check out "The Rebuilding of Stomper" on Facebook to see what consumed the last year of my life.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
I'd scrap the cheapy Emotiva amps but those Aperions look amazing and right at home in your room, very solid choice. Quite the transformation Cruise great job. Oh yeah and the Live Nudes neon takes the cake...love it!

EDIT: Good call on the mini-fridge need ;-)

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Zombie thread rises.

About to start a new theater build in my forever home. We've had my theater set up in our master bedroom for 8 years now. Sad, I know.

Our house is full of natural light, and the theater is going into a loft with an overlook into the living room.

Lot of challenges ahead. Should be interesting.

Stay tuned

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Lots of natural light. I sense a disturbance in the Force. A debate to come on Projectors vs. OLE vs. LCD and screen size...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Zombie thread rises.

About to start a new theater build in my forever home. We've had my theater set up in our master bedroom for 8 years now. Sad, I know.

Our house is full of natural light, and the theater is going into a loft with an overlook into the living room.

Lot of challenges ahead. Should be interesting.

Stay tuned
I was just browsing on this thread from beginning to end and it was super fun and cool to see your evolution through the years looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis