Crown XLS 1502 Power Amp , EuroCable and B&W LCR

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
Dear Team
Current Set Up - Yamaha A 870 connected to B&W 603s (FS), HTM 6 (C) , Polk OWM3 ( FH) and Bose 301 Series V ( Surrounds), No Sub & Chord Strand 79 Cables for LCR
Added the following
Crown XLS 1502 Drive Core 2 Channel Power Amp - for Left and Right - Connected the Yamaha Pre Outs L & R to the Crown XLS 1502 with RCA to XLR cables
Substituted the Chord with the EuroCable 14 AWG - Pure Copper Cables For Left and Right Only
Centre Speaker still connected with the Yamaha by the Chord Strand 79 Cable
The Crown XLS balance is turned all the way to the maximum but i use the volume buttons on the Yamaha to control

Effect -
The Bass seems to have increased significantly overall and the Surround Speakers seem to be more louder and clearer
The Centre Speaker connected with Chord Strand 79 is more clearer than the Left and Right speakers
The Left & Right speakers are loud but not as clearer as before, when paired with the Chord Cable directly from the Yamaha

Information and Advise Needed
Do the wires also need a " Break in" period or is it just the period for us to get used to the varying sound
Should i just go back to the Strand 79 Chord Cable as the Sound was very Clear- I am more into Movies and hence Dialogue is quite important

Thank you.

Rajesh

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Dear Team
Current Set Up - Yamaha A 870 connected to B&W 603s (FS), HTM 6 (C) , Polk OWM3 ( FH) and Bose 301 Series V ( Surrounds), No Sub & Chord Strand 79 Cables for LCR
Added the following
Crown XLS 1502 Drive Core 2 Channel Power Amp - for Left and Right - Connected the Yamaha Pre Outs L & R to the Crown XLS 1502 with RCA to XLR cables
Substituted the Chord with the EuroCable 14 AWG - Pure Copper Cables For Left and Right Only
Centre Speaker still connected with the Yamaha by the Chord Strand 79 Cable
The Crown XLS balance is turned all the way to the maximum but i use the volume buttons on the Yamaha to control

Effect -
The Bass seems to have increased significantly overall and the Surround Speakers seem to be more louder and clearer
The Centre Speaker connected with Chord Strand 79 is more clearer than the Left and Right speakers
The Left & Right speakers are loud but not as clearer as before, when paired with the Chord Cable directly from the Yamaha

Information and Advise Needed
Do the wires also need a " Break in" period or is it just the period for us to get used to the varying sound
Should i just go back to the Strand 79 Chord Cable as the Sound was very Clear- I am more into Movies and hence Dialogue is quite important

Thank you.

Rajesh
Wire is wire, and you can use lamp chord if you want. It is the gauge of wire and its length that matters, as it is only resistance that is of any concern. There is no break in. You have been reading BS from audiophools. Anyone who thinks cables need to be broken in, or that they affect the sound, is psychotic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You may be in the wrong forum when you imagine as much as you do. Using the rca to xlr instead of regular rca connections is kinda silly...and pointless. Placebos can work really well on the other hand. I think you've been reading too many silly "audiophile" rags and blogs.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure your system sounds outstanding with the Cable change. But if you want to truly bring out the Fidelity try these

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
Wire is wire, and you can use lamp chord if you want. It is the gauge of wire and its length that matters, as it is only resistance that is of any concern. There is no break in. You have been reading BS from audiophools. Anyone who thinks cables need to be broken in, or that they affect the sound, is psychotic.
Thank you. Understood. Cant beat logic i guess.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
You may be in the wrong forum when you imagine as much as you do. Using the rca to xlr instead of regular rca connections is kinda silly...and pointless. Placebos can work really well on the other hand. I think you've been reading too many silly "audiophile" rags and blogs.
The rca to xlr came in with the crown so didnt buy a RCA to RCA.
Agree on the over reading. This WFH is giving me too much time to over conplicate.
Thank you for the feedback.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
I'm sure your system sounds outstanding with the Cable change. But if you want to truly bring out the Fidelity try these

I probably deserve the Troll :) given the first 2 honest responses. But i am in such an over read situation that Thanks for "Uplifting" my mood Lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Phew.

You need to read up on cables and from the sound of it, a few other things. I'll tell ya, anyone who is using Bose speakers and looks for improvements via cables is going about it pretty backward. Speakers first. It's almost always in the speakers. Forget about cable and break in myths and focus on the things that really make a difference.

That said I believe you perceived a difference due to some expectation bias. I'll bet you a dollar you wouldn't have detected anything if you set it up DBT style, where you don't know which is which. Here's kind of a fun read.

We coached someone on how to perform a DBT for his friend who swears he can easily tell the difference.

He failed, lol.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
Phew.

You need to read up on cables and from the sound of it, a few other things. I'll tell ya, anyone who is using Bose speakers and looks for improvements via cables is going about it pretty backward. Speakers first. It's almost always in the speakers. Forget about cable and break in myths and focus on the things that really make a difference.

That said I believe you perceived a difference due to some expectation bias. I'll bet you a dollar you wouldn't have detected anything if you set it up DBT style, where you don't know which is which. Here's kind of a fun read.

We coached someone on how to perform a DBT for his friend who swears he can easily tell the difference.

He failed, lol.
Hi Wrt the Bose , they are just for surrounds. The Power Amp & Cables are connected to the B&W 603 2019 series Floor standers and the query was for those and not the Bose.
But I do understand what you say and Thank you for the link. It will be an interesting read.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis