E

Ed Lewis

Audioholic Intern
it seems that most people set their croswover frequency for their surrounds at 120. I find that setting all my crossovers at 80 sounds much better. so why is 120 so prevalent? Just asking. thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
it seems that most people set their croswover frequency for their surrounds at 120. I find that setting all my crossovers at 80 sounds much better. so why is 120 so prevalent? Just asking. thanks
I don't think 120 Hz is prevalent most choose 80 or 60 Hz.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ed, I think many people use smaller surround speakers with a higher rolloff point. Therefore the XO is set accordingly. In many cases 120hz. However I will say that IMO the consensus is still for 80 depending on what’s appropriate for the speaker. Mine for example are set by Audyssey to 50hz but I still move them up to 80.

E

Ed Lewis

Audioholic Intern
I don't think 120 Hz is prevalent most choose 80 or 60 Hz.
thanks TLS Guy! I must be talking to a very small group of folk in MD. I run energy FS 70's. with a energy c10 dor center, and two Fluance bipoles for surround. use a denon S910 for AVR. been looking at definitive tech 9000 series may be in the Chdistmas list.

E

Ed Lewis

Audioholic Intern
Ed, I think many people use smaller surround speakers with a higher rolloff point. Therefore the XO is set accordingly. In many cases 120hz. However I will say that IMO the consensus is still for 80 depending on what’s appropriate for the speaker. Mine for example are set by Audyssey to 50hz but I still move them up to 80.
thanks William. appreciate your comments.

R

redd454

Audioholic
i have a dumb question, can i ehnance my 150 watt powered sub,s by running a beringer cx 2310 cross. sub out from yamaha 5.1 to input on cross, then to sub's from sub out on cross 3 way/mono, for more gain and presence, or any sugg?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i have a dumb question, can i ehnance my 150 watt powered sub,s by running a beringer cx 2310 cross. sub out from yamaha 5.1 to input on cross, then to sub's from sub out on cross 3 way/mono, for more gain and presence, or any sugg?
I doubt it, but you would have to know the spec of your Yamaha out, the Cross inputs and outputs and the sub input.

R

redd454

Audioholic
thank's mostly it would be for the conv. of not having to pull sub's out for adjusting, juust leave sub cross at max and adjust at my stereo rack?

R

redd454

Audioholic
it may very well be i'm expecting to much from budget monoprice 12" sub's, mostly used on tv,through stereo, just want more deep bass, more often who doesn't lol

R

redd454

Audioholic
i probably don't even need thi cross. but i have it, so i wondered if i could help subs only with it/control gain ect. at rack gain in 12 gain out 12, adgustable, perhap's that gain (db) wouldn't even help, anyway's it' fun playin, ask alot, cause i simply don't wan't to toast anything

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
i probably don't even need thi cross. but i have it, so i wondered if i could help subs only with it/control gain ect. at rack gain in 12 gain out 12, adgustable, perhap's that gain (db) wouldn't even help, anyway's it' fun playin, ask alot, cause i simply don't wan't to toast anything
I HIGHLY recommend you read through the setup articles available on the main site. After going through your posts and threads, it seems you're jumping all over the place before anyone can understand what your saying or asking. Slow down don't abbreviate terms that shouldn't be, read the responses and the ask questions if your not sure. Always list you equipment ( make and model), goals, and all pertinent information etc.

R

redd454

Audioholic
sound's reasonable, i do abreveate alot, just figure it's not rocket sceince to read, and im not good at spelling, as much as i read, the more confused i am, yet every now and then, comes along a guy who can pick through my inpropper/mispelled typing and tell me exactly how to do thing's in lay term's not tecnical, such as when i was looking on imfo on linking amps/rec, he seemed to, with no problem tell me how, knowing in the simplisity of what i was doing, i didn't really need any equipment imfo. anyway thank you and everyone, of course, i presume that is what this site is all about

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@redd454 You should also just keep your issues/questions to your own threads, rather than hi-jack someone else's; you have a few going now and like was said, are all over the place. Your keyboard/writing skills are definitely making it hard to help you, have you thought of using a voice to text program....many phones have them built in...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis