J

jsf0656

Audioholic
ok just didn't want to take a step backwards while taking one step forward LOL!

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
one question... am I going to get a better midrange with the 5.25 woofer vs a 6''woofer or am I not understanding it correctly?
All else being equal; a 5.25" woofer can crossover to the tweeter higher than a 6" woofer. In exchange, it cannot go as low.

Whether that improves your midrange would then depend on the capabilities of your tweeter. If the tweeter struggles with the signals at the 6" crossover, then 5.25 = better. If not, then not.

Larger (or more) mids/woofers generally mean higher efficiency which, in turn, tends to mean louder.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I was thinking that with the sub handling all the low end that a smaller woofer might give me some better mids. my son has the RTIA1s and his seem clearer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm working on my bass management right now... as I'm understanding it, for those RTI6s, you should look at setting XO at 100Hz... 1 octave above the 50Hz rating, and maybe a little higher. Some stuff I've seen has even recommended XO 1.5 octaves above (150hz).
I don't think you'll really get that type of localization at that frequency.
It's setup dependent but often at a xover as high as 150 sub localization can be an issue, particularly with one sub, something like a deep male voice would be one example of where it can become obvious. Some small satellite speakers need it, tho, but not usually the more important mains.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis