Crossover & LFE help!!

JackRick

JackRick

Audiophyte
Well...how’s it sounding so far?
So far, I think it sounds good. There seems to be less bass, but nonetheless cleaner bass. Watched Lion King on 4k (yes yes, I know, haha), and the opening scene with the bird swooping in from behind you....was convincing. Same goes for the rumble of the elephant's steps. I think I've got a solid basis, ,and thank you all for the insight!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So far, I think it sounds good. There seems to be less bass, but nonetheless cleaner bass. Watched Lion King on 4k (yes yes, I know, haha), and the opening scene with the bird swooping in from behind you....was convincing. Same goes for the rumble of the elephant's steps. I think I've got a solid basis, ,and thank you all for the insight!
Hey man that’s cool. I love the Lion king.
Not sure if you have done so yet, but most of us will bump the subwoofer channel after running audyssey. Usually 2-5db is good. Try that and see what you think. Sounds like you’re going the right direction!

JackRick

JackRick

Audiophyte
Hey man that’s cool. I love the Lion king.
Not sure if you have done so yet, but most of us will bump the subwoofer channel after running audyssey. Usually 2-5db is good. Try that and see what you think. Sounds like you’re going the right direction!
The Denon auto-setup has most speakers at +2.5db, but the sub at -3.0db. Should I bump it up to 0, or maybe even higher?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How does it sound to you? ;)

Mine were too hot after Audyssey, yours might not be. Listen to some music and see if it sounds right.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
When I ran Audyssey, it set my speakers to large and set crossover at full range. Under manual settings I have the speakers at small. The default crossover is at 40. I set it st 60.

Do the manual setting override Audyssey? Or do I have to turn the eq and Audyssey off for them to take effect?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The Denon auto-setup has most speakers at +2.5db, but the sub at -3.0db. Should I bump it up to 0, or maybe even higher?
You normally want to stay out of the + range as to not introduce distortion into the signal chain. If you have the subs gain a little bit higher, audyssey will set the trim lower. That will basically give you some room to play with. Maybe aim for -7ish. Then you can bump it up as you like. @ryanosuar had a different result than almost all that I’ve seen in that his were too high. My gut says he’s got a mode at work there but we’ll need to see some graphs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You normally want to stay out of the + range as to not introduce distortion into the signal chain. If you have the subs gain a little bit higher, audyssey will set the trim lower. That will basically give you some room to play with. Maybe aim for -7ish. Then you can bump it up as you like. @ryanosuar had a different result than almost all that I’ve seen in that his were too high. My gut says he’s got a mode at work there but we’ll need to see some graphs.
Yup. One of these days. I gotta resolve my speaker situation still. Not gonna but a umik til I have my big ones in place. ;) but you may very well be right. Plus I crawled them out and found good home. Oh, and they’re enormous for my little room! ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis