Credit Card Authorizations - Hilarious

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So the question is, after all that, did the cashier actually check your ID? :D
She eventually did :)

What's really funny is that convenience store clerks will card you for purchasing beer. I'm 42 and the other day the clerk actually asked me for ID. It's flattering I suppose that I may look young, but I damn sure don't look like I'm under 21. But with a credit card, there are no rules - most clerks will swipe the card and hand it right back to you. Every once in awhile I'm in a mood and I'll say aren't you going to check my ID?
Many stores (and some convenience stores) have signs that say "We ID if you look younger than 30".

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
The article was written in 2004, at that point in time, CC employees did work on commission. BB hasn't paid its employees on a commission basis since 1993.

Mike
That's interesting, I worked for CC in 2004, and I wasn't paid on commission. Neither were my coworkers, or anyone else in the company for that matter. I'd also bet that the CC part of the article was written in 2005, since that is when CC started widely using Magellan, the sales program you see on the screen in one of his pictures.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis