Create a Soundbar Catagory

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
With the increasing popularity of Soundbars a dedicated category would both be appreciated and appropriate.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
With the increasing popularity of Soundbars a dedicated category would both be appreciated and appropriate.
Well, soundbars are speakers so wouldn't they fit into the current loudspeaker category?

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
For one, it groups a distinct sub-catagory and second, other forums have given Soundbars their own space.

“He holds his breath in nervous anticipation.”

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
For one, it groups a distinct sub-catagory and second, other forums have given Soundbars their own space.

Ok, how many soundbars are available that get regular discussion? If a forum category, should it be divided into passive and active? Then divided between expandable or fixed out of the box?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Also I'm not sure about distinct? I can probably recommend a handful of them at 3 price points and only the more expensive ones sound ok or good. Just hard to take a compromise as a whole category. The few, and I mean few, that do ask do not want to spend say over $500. I appreciate your desire for info, just not sure your expectations much this forum in regards to the structure.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
Ok, how many soundbars are available that get regular discussion? If a forum category, should it be divided into passive and active? Then divided between expandable or fixed out of the box?
One category - Soundbars

How many (Soundbars) available....... Maybe a better question is how much interest in Soundbars. One hundred eighteen pages worth. Take a look at AVS Forum, Soundbar http://www.avsforum.com/forum/195-soundbars/

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
One category - Soundbars

How many (Soundbars) available....... Maybe a better question is how much interest in Soundbars. One hundred eighteen pages worth. Take a look at AVS Forum, Soundbar http://www.avsforum.com/forum/195-soundbars/
Ok AVS has it covered then. I'm not knocking soundbars, but as a category it's really not realistic. Should we divide products that way? Subs and speakers are an exception. There is a Gaming category here, it has little conjecture and gamers could be considered a big market. As for soundbar interest far smaller than you can imagine for an audio forum that isn't CNET

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
One category - Soundbars

Let AVS have their 118 pages. The last thing we need on these forums is pages of discussion on more Far Eastern junk.

We are trying to persuade people there are better options.

Last edited:
Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
I enjoyed the discussion. Audioholics is a great site with excellent content and very knowledgeable members.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's an occasional query here, but not too much interest from what I've noticed, and the usual response is to talk them out of it....

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
popularity by whom ? .........old people that can't hear anyways ?
Mikado463,
Your remarks were quite unnecessary but you should pat yourself on your own back. Besides being an old fart I have corrected hearing due to weapons fire encountered during my 20 military career.

Enjoy your life Mikado463 and if you do live long enough to become a senior citizen consider yourself fortunate.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Mikado463,
Your remarks were quite unnecessary but you should pat yourself on your own back. Besides being an old fart I have corrected hearing due to weapons fire encountered during my 20 military career.

Enjoy your life Mikado463 and if you do live long enough to become a senior citizen consider yourself fortunate.
Cal, first off my comments were 'tongue in cheek', not meant to offend you or anybody. But on a serious note I am not a fan of sound bars, spend a couple extra bucks and do it right with a simple 5.1 set up.

Oh and btw I too am an old fart (64 years young) and probably couldn't hear above 15 kHz anyways !

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
Cal, first off my comments were 'tongue in cheek', not meant to offend you or anybody. But on a serious note I am not a fan of sound bars, spend a couple extra bucks and do it right with a simple 5.1 set up.

Oh and btw I too am an old fart (64 years young) and probably couldn't hear above 15 kHz anyways !
Our audio setups progressed through the decades to the essential 5.1 and 7.1. Upon a whole two story home interior redecoration the main tv audio system to a $1,600 soundbar w/sub. The AVR and components were moved to the second floor home gym. Music while you workout. I am also 64.

Cheers

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
@Calvert, I'm genuinely embarrassed by the responses you've received. Apparently, a few members have forgotten their manners.

I see no reason not to have a dedicated thread for soundbars. The quality has improved, and you don't have to spend a ton of money to get one that sounds good.
So I too would like to have a dedicated soundbar thread.

Last edited:
Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
@Calvert, I'm genuinely embarrassed by the responses you've received. Apparently, a few members have forgotten their manners.

I see no reason not to have a dedicated thread for soundbars. The quality has improved, and you don't have to spend a ton of money to get one that sounds good.
So I too would like to a dedicated soundbar thread.
Thank you.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If this message board had a lot more traffic, and a lot more people asked about soundbars, then maybe a dedicated sub forum for soundbars would be worth it, but right now I think the speaker forum covers it pretty well. If you divide a forum into too many subgroups, then none of them will see any activity at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis