surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
title: Cream Reuniting for 2005 Shows in London

date: November 11, 2004

The rock trio Cream, which includes guitarist/vocalist Eric Clapton, drummer Ginger Baker and bassist Jack Bruce, is reuniting for a string of shows next year at London's Royal Albert Hall – the same venue where the band played its final shows before splitting in 1968.

Cream hasn’t played together in over a decade since their 1993 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH. The trio is set to begin rehearsals early next year, with about a week of shows tentatively scheduled at Albert Hall. There are no current plans to play any other shows outside of London’s Albert Hall.
:)

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Az B said:
Hopefully it will be recorded for posterity.
I don't imagine they'll be doing a whole lot togeather after that?
There's three pretty strong egos there.
I will be looking forward to see how they sound togeather recorded in some sort of surround format. :)

C

Colonel_Tomb

Audioholic Intern
Ginger Baker is 65 years old. He looked kinda strange when he was 30. I wonder how he looks now?

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Colonel_Tomb said:
Ginger Baker is 65 years old. He looked kinda strange when he was 30. I wonder how he looks now?
Well here's an old :D picture of cream with Ginger in the middle.

Attachments

C

Colonel_Tomb

Audioholic Intern
surveyor said:
Well here's an old :D picture of cream with Ginger in the middle.
Um, that dude didn't look as though he were gonna age well, know what I'm sayin?

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Colonel_Tomb said:
Um, that dude didn't look as though he were gonna age well, know what I'm sayin?
We'll he's probably well preserved from the alcohol and smack (heroin).
I am amazed that him and the Stones Keith Richards are even with us today. :confused:

Last edited:
L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Colonel_Tomb said:
he spent most of the seventies and eighties being physically indistinguishable from Phil Collins... might try looking at one of Phil's recent albums... :D

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
Ginger Baker's new look

Great picture of the modern Ginger Baker! I always thought he looked like wooden-ship era sailor, for some reason. Maybe it was the weathered appearance, as well as the bad teeth, courtesy of British dental care and lack of fluoride.

Actually, his recent photo indicates that he's had some good dental work done. I think he also must have bought a pair of glasses from my father. But, I bet he is still drumming pretty well.

20to20K

Full Audioholic
I've heard some of his recent stuff with the Ginger Baker trio...a jazz group with
Bill Frissell on guitar, and he still has licks! Their first CD is good...the second one is kind of so-so. I don't know if they made more than two.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Leprkon said:
he spent most of the seventies and eighties being physically indistinguishable from Phil Collins... might try looking at one of Phil's recent albums... :D
Do i have to? I'm afraid if i look for PC,i'll hear another cd of the same stuff. PC is way done.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Shokhead, you're an old time rocker!
Don't you like Cream? :confused:

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
You know,they are one of those bands you like,you just dont get any of there stuff. :D In the 60's and 70's,you tended to buy from the ones who toured alot and you could go see them do there new stuff and then run out and get it. I remember seeing Mott the Hopple that was the 3rd act and blew everybody away. The next day we went to get there cd and i remember the guy at the record store saying,gee we dont have any. All of a sudden everybody bought them. LOL.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
shokhead said:
You know,they are one of those bands you like,you just dont get any of there stuff. :D In the 60's and 70's,you tended to buy from the ones who toured alot and you could go see them do there new stuff and then run out and get it. I remember seeing Mott the Hopple that was the 3rd act and blew everybody away. The next day we went to get there cd and i remember the guy at the record store saying,gee we dont have any. All of a sudden everybody bought them. LOL.
Believe it or not I'm an ancient rocker, but don't know much about Mott the Hopple's work?
Tell me about some of their good stuff and I'll pick it up at the CD shop? :)

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
Cream used to be my favorite band. If a DVD comes out, I'll get it. Peace.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Mott the Hoople's best album, IMO, was "All the Young Dudes." They had broken up, but Bowie convinced them to reform and even wrote the title track.

I was never much of a Cream fan though.

L

lynn2c

Audioholic Intern
Jack bruces rig

A friend of mine who sells musicial intruments sent me this pick he recieved from the Hartke sales rep. This is Jack Bruce's amps setup in their rehersal studio for the reunion tour. Pretty impressive I think.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis