<font color='#000000'>here are my newest drink coasters
Scorpion King &lt; A miss mash mush of bad acting with
no story line &nbsp;De Rock should stick to Wrestling
come to think of it this movie looked like a wrestling match

Brotherhood Of The Wolf
This one is so bad that it replaces my hall of fame
drink coaster Crouching Tiger Hidded Dragon
Now I know why foriegn films are so foriegn
The film did have excellent cinema photography and sound effects &nbsp;but it was almost painfull to sit and watch.
the dubbing was terrible with most of the mens voices
having the same baseball announcer type tone &nbsp;and the lips were way out of sinc &nbsp;story line?what story line
if I could guess it would be CTHD meets Excaliber meets
Henry the 5th meets Jason.

What drink coasters do you have in your collection?
Cheers Ray</font>

<font color='#000000'>Drink coasters:

Deer Hunter - highly acclaimed drivel...
Forsaken - love Brenden Fahr, hated the film
Just about any George Clooney film EXCEPT 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' - Who am I supposed to be rooting for anyway???</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Waterworld, Little Nicki...</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>Waterworld, Little Nicki...</font>
<font color='#000000'>don't forget Stigmata...</font>

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>HEY... WATERWORLD IS A CLASSIC!! &nbsp; No other movie flopped so hard and lost so much money in the history of movie making. &nbsp;Its the very first billion dollar b-flick . I LOVE IT!!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>
Try listening to meat Loaf on DVD or Alice Cooper or Prince!
They got shipped to the local pawn shop Quick smart! Not even good enough for a drink coaster!

On the other hand, three favourites are ELO DTS, Mike oldfields Tubular bells DD, and of course #### freezes over bye the Eagles, actually the BEE GEES live in concert sound awsome aswell.

Regards from John.</font>

<font color='#000000'>I got one more - Thin Red Line. ALl time worst movie (I had THOUGHT Deer Hunter was the winner prior to seeing this flop.)</font>

H

htlearner

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'll add Major Dundee, the long, very boring version. Even Charlton Heston shared this view in an interview.</font>

barrythemod

barrythemod

Audiophyte
<font color='#FF0000'>I don`t have any &quot;coasters&quot; on DVD because I still go to the movies.If i enjoy a movie,I make a note to get it on DVD when it`s released.
Why spend good money on a DVD when you don`t even know if you like it or not
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#008080'>Well, in my neck of the woods, I can get a new release DVD for the same price as two movie tickets. My wife and I have purposely put ourselves 6 months out of kilter with the movies so that we can buy them and watch them at home (on a better sounding system than most theaters.)

Now, I DO make sure to go out and see blockbuster movies as well, but DVD purchases really do make sense for movies you'd like to keep around. And evey once in a while, you pick up a drink coaster... like the ones mentioned in this thread.</font>

T

tburg

Audiophyte
<font color='#0000FF'>I just received and listened to the first disc in Led Zeppelin's Box set, and was wondering if anyone else had issues with the sound?
After about 5 min. or so I had to switch to 2 channel because of some weird noise coming from the center channel.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>Hmmm... I really loved Brotherhood of the Wolf, although it wasn't really what I was expecting. &nbsp;I guess &quot;good&quot; is in the eye of the beholder.

Likewise I thought The Thin Red Line was excellent. &nbsp;Maybe a tick behind &quot;Saving Private Ryan&quot;, although I thought it was a bit more peotic, almost elegant. &nbsp;Of course, it helped not having Tom Hanks!</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I SPY, with Eddy Murphy and Owen Wilson.

Eddy Murphy should retire after Nutty Professor.

Owen Wilson should stick to movies like The Royal Tenenbaums

Bob :(~</font>

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>hi rla,
It is interesting that you would choose Brothrthood and Crouching as your worst.

From a visual perspective Brotherhood is a reference disc
I would like to suggest that watching a film in it's original language and using the subtitles, brings the intent of the director much more to the for.

Having said that the film &quot;La Femme Nikita&quot; has the worst subtitle translation of any film I've ever seen/listened to.

I speak french well enough to recognize that this is a total mess.

If however you purchase any HIREZ music your tempted to use as a coaster, I'll send you a self adressed stamped envelope complete with a pristine cdr and would aprreciate if you sent me the offending disc.

Thanks,
Peter m.</font>

<font color='#000080'>Black Mask just came on cable the other day.. Worst Jet Li movie EVER. And I love that guy.

I loved Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - just watched it again last week. And one of the most INCREDIBLE dubbing jobs ever accomplished. (note: I'm talking in a technical sense, not in a translation sense). Of course, it helped that Michelle Yeoh and Chow Yun-Fat did their own dialogue.

I saw the original in Mandarin, but I have no prblem watching the DVD in English 5.1</font>

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>hi Hawke,
Do you own the SUPERBIT or the regular crtgr? Just curious.
I have a tendancy to listen in the original language and use the subtitles at least once.

The film &quot;La Femme Nikita&quot; however was a compete mess.
My wife and I both speak English and French and I can tell you that there was very little accuracy between the spoken
language and what we were reading in the sub's.

It was like a completely different movie.
If you like foriegn films. &quot; The Seven Samuri&quot; Criterion Edition is great.
There was an American movie made based on that original Japanese film called &quot;The Magnificent 7&quot;

Peter m.</font>

<font color='#000080'>Having seen the remake of La Femme... I thought the original was bit lacking - perhaps this was because of the bad langauge conversion/dubbing you mention.

I only have one Superbit disc, it's the Fifth Element - one of my favorite all-time movies. People call me crazy, but I rank it up there with Star Wars on my must-have list.</font>

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi Hawke,
Actually, I had always wanted the Superbit version of FE and the excuse came up last week when I gave away the original as a gift.

I feel that The Star Wars discs have a distinctly inferior PQ to any version of Fifth Element and I use an sdi modded rp82 through a video scaler so everything I watch is scaled to 1080i.
The best part about that is a bit like the silk purse/sows ear thing where It bothers me less when I pick up a cheapie movie that had a poor to mediocre transfer and know that I can improve it somewhat with the scaler.

SUPERBIT VERSIONS like Fifth Element, which have long been reference dvd's really are great without any processing help.

Peter m.</font>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
petermwilson : <font color='#000000'>I use an sdi modded rp82 through a video scaler so everything I watch is scaled to 1080i.</font>
<font color='#000080'>***drool***

I've got an NEC LCD projector broadcasting my picture from the HTPC onto a 92&quot; glass-beaded screen, but I'd love to see what a line-doubler and a compatible projector would look like...

I'll post new Reference System 3 photos shortly (just got the projector back up and running this weekend).</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis