Cows part of the problem!

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Well,
I guess this means that I'm a big part of the problem!:D

Article

I can't wait for PETA to swing this into a vegetarian swing...us beef eaters are just destroying the planet....

-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I can't wait for PETA to swing this into a vegetarian swing...us beef eaters are just destroying the planet....
Or, we're actually trying to save the planet...by eating one cow at a time. It's all about spin, my friend.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Or, we're actually trying to save the planet...by eating one cow at a time. It's all about spin, my friend.
True, very very true. If we really want to save earth we should shoot anything or anyone who farts/burps. That'll teach em!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
True, very very true. If we really want to save earth we should shoot anything or anyone who farts/burps. That'll teach em!
In that case, I better stop eating chili. Oh, sorry. Too much information.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Am I allowed to fight back with a "flamethrower" or "chemical warfare"?

Oh yeah, I want a head start!:D

-pat

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
For every cow you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

This is hella old news btw.

SheepStar

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
True

Sheep -
I didn't actually look at the article date. It came up on the yahoo! page after I logged out of email. It took me to a different link that I figured would die rather quickly.

-pat

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Well, if we weren't supposed to eat 'em, why did God make cows so durn tasty?!?!

I got 2 Filet Mignon's marinating in Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar and wine as we speak. Can't wait to get home and cook 'em!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall

Making a better world, one steak au poivre at a time. :p

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made 'em out of meat!:rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Or, we're actually trying to save the planet...by eating one cow at a time. .
That would not be a problem but we keep replacing those eaten cows with new ones :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made 'em out of meat!:rolleyes:
I saw an awesome T-shirt the other day. It had the PETA logo on the front and on the back it said, "Animals have their place in the world. Right next to my mashed potatoes."

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I saw an awesome T-shirt the other day. It had the PETA logo on the front and on the back it said, "Animals have their place in the world. Right next to my mashed potatoes."
:D

I likey....

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Here's what the new extreme environmentalist motto should be:

"Save the planet. Kill yourself."

-pat

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Here's what the new extreme environmentalist motto should be:

"Save the planet. Kill yourself."

-pat
Genius! I have actually heard something along those lines before.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Genius! I have actually heard something along those lines before.
Yeah, I've heard that (and thought it) before, too.

It's interesting to me that humans both (a) have such a profound impact on their surroundings and (b) so profoundly care about it. We are not the only species that impacts the global environment. For example, trees have an enormous impact in that they produce oxygen on a massive scale - one that is great for the current dominant forms of life, but one that is detrimental to countless billions of anaerobic organisms. "Saving the planet" in it's current state is a goal that, in my opinion, we probably will be unable to accomplish. Life on Earth has undergone numerous significant changes brought about by (if current scientific theory is correct) large-scale impacts from meteors. The global impact of humans on the planet pales in comparison to such an event, and it's highly probably that such an event will occur again prior to the complete destruction of the planet - although humans may long be gone before that happens.

In my opinion, one of our largest shortcomings as a species is that we tend to not treat other forms of life with the respect that I believe they deserve. The needless suffering and death of other animals (I haven't yet progressed enough to include plant life in this discussion) pains me. Different people have different thoughts about where to draw the line regarding what is "needless."

Sorry, this didn't fall into the humor of this thread. Back to the cows! :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
In my opinion, one of our largest shortcomings as a species is that we tend to not treat other forms of life with the respect that I believe they deserve.
Yeah. I have a lot of respect for people that become vegetarians, to preserve animal life. It's not my choice, but I can understand why they do it. I remember being disgusted at seeing how animals are treated in slaughterhouses. I'll never understand how people can work in those places. But damn if it isn't convenient to go to Safeway and pick up a pack of nicely packaged chicken breasts or ground beef.

I can't help but feel a little hypocritical at considering myself an animal lover, but loving to eat meat. Oh well. I guess I just have to find a way to live with myself.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

One of my friends in the 8th. grade did his science fair project on methane gas as an alternate power source. He actually brought real cow dung into the middle school gym! I laughed my behind off.

Please
Eat
These
Animals

Hmmm... Deviously contemplating merging this with the Cat thread... "Save the Planet Eat a Cat... or two, they're small."

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis