Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes it’s Yamaha rx-a3060

Actually, I started to listen to alternative metal music recently.. mostly Breaking Benjamin
Check out Tool and Chevelle. I think you'll really like them if you like Breaking Bengamin.

Sorry you're having problems. I'll repeat hd's question tho. Did you do a microprocessor/factory reset? That might knock some sense back into it. Also, you got a Yamaha guy to look at it? When does he get there?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
it seems the problem is with chrome cast and AirPlay for they are mostly running when the speaker failure happens .. but I have to confirm with my wife for she plays chrome cast usually

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
it seems the problem is with chrome cast and AirPlay for they are mostly running when the speaker failure happens .. but I have to confirm with my wife for she plays chrome cast usually
Has it happened with anything other than chrome cast or air play?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
with me no only with airplay.. but I have to check with the wife to confirm
Well that changes things. I thought you were saying it's every source. Outside my area of knowledge, but it might not be the avr. Network settings or something like that I'm thinking.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Well that changes things. I thought you were saying it's every source. Outside my area of knowledge, but it might not be the avr. Network settings or something like that I'm thinking.
I can't see how the network is affecting the speakers to stop working .. how are they related?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
maybe its the audio settings in my iPhone/iMac
or how they are received or processed by the avr?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am reaching here, but if you are using AirPlay and Chromecast together, it would not surprise me if there are issues. Apple and Google do not generally like to play nice with each other.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I am reaching here, but if you are using AirPlay and Chromecast together, it would not surprise me if there are issues. Apple and Google do not generally like to play nice with each other.
you're right .. but one can't play both at the same time for I use a single zone.. i use air play when I hear music .. my wife use chrome cast to watch videos on you tube on nvidia shield .. but we both use apple iPhones to do it .. my avr should support both air play and chrome cast tech and each has a setting of its own in the avr.. but again .. who knows what happened in the new avr firmware and macOS/iOS updates.. maybe they screw things up with audio settings

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
RX-A2060 Reset_Final.jpg

regarding step 5.. should I sit and wait for the avr to start automatically or should I turn it on by my self??

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
It wouldn't hurt. If it's only happening on airplay did you try resetting the applish device(s)?
I can't clean install my iMac for there are a lot of reinstalling to do.. but the iPhone I did reset and the same issue remain

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I tried initialize again and I am waiting now for the avr to start up
how long do you think it should take to reset??

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Sounds like after it is complete and returns to standby mode then the next time you turn it on (from standby that is) it should be reset to factory settings....
but it returned to standby state immediately after I hit the main zone.. could it be that fast to reset ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis