Could use some help with the Denon AVR 2807

P

pops

Audiophyte
I'm not having any success getting video and audio from my PS4 Pro through the Denon 2807 to my Sony Bravia TV and sound surround system.
1. If I attach the HDMI cable from the PS4 directly to the TV I do get game video to the TV and sound is from the TV.
2. IF I plug in the HDMI cable from the PS4 to the Denon, then another HDMI cable from the Denon to the TV II have also purchased an audio/digital cable and connected it to the PS4 and to the DEnon then and HDMI cable directly from the PS4 to the TV. Now I have video but no sound.

Can someone assist this geezer?

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Normally you'd route everything thru the receiver, so hdmi from sources like your PS4 to receiver, hdmi from receiver to tv. This should allow audio to go to your surround system via the avr and the video from the tv. You may need to go through your hdmi settings in the avr/tv to manage audio output.

What do you mean an audio digital cable? A separate optical or coax connection between PS4 and Denon? Why particularly? Have you checked audio input assignment for the input on the avr you're using for the PS4?

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Yup. Sounds like a mis-match with the audio assignment. I would just use the HDMI from the Sony to the Denon. Should be no need for an additional audio connection

P

pops

Audiophyte
Thanks for the assistance folks. I first tried the simplest HDMI fom PS$ to input on AVR and HDMI from AVR out to Sony TV. No video at the TV and no audio from the AVR.

I may not have the settings correct. I can get to the settings on the tV, but how do you get to the settings on the AVR?

Since I could get the TV to display the video directly from the PS4, I thought I could simply add the audio/digital cable from the PS4 to the AVR in order to get the sound. Again, this could be a settings issue in the AVR but I don't know how to access these settings.

Again, thanks.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Sounds like you brought it second hand used and has no manual with it. Oh and do you have the remote control as some AVR's require it to navigate around the settings often with on-screen display.

Scroll down page on Denon site for English manual as I not had experience with that model.
https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avr2807

P

pops

Audiophyte
Thanks so much guys(?). With your help I downloaded the manual and now have surround sound from the Denon AVR when using the Play Station.

Thanks once more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis