Correct Wall Mount for SR9040

C

Chadd Bock

Enthusiast
Does anyone know what wall mount would work for definitive Technology SR9040 speakers? I know DF makes mounts but it seems like they are only for there smaller 1000 series speakers. Has anyone mounted these in the past? If so, did you just use a screw or something? Thanks in advance for the help

C

Chadd Bock

Enthusiast
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Awesome. Is that the way you would go? Also, separate topic but when it comes to speaker wire, is the audio quest really worth it?
I have some of these (different brand, essentially same mount). If the speaker fits, they're great. Don't have a lot of tilt, tho, so if you need to tilt down at a larger angle than it has....

F*** Audioquest, they're cable charlatans (along with many others, one of the worst things in audiophilia) selling mostly nonsense pseudoscience so I don't encourage supporting them even if you get their cables highly discounted (they'll work, and somewhat pretty, that's about it). Just get yourself adequate gauge for your speakers' impedance and length. This is a great site on all things speaker wire and has a handy table to use, too http://roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

Personally I buy 12g copper speaker wire in bulk from Monoprice and put my own banana plugs (Sewell Silverback is my preference). If you want nice pre-made stuff and don't mind spending a bit of coin try bluejeanscable.com.

C

Chadd Bock

Enthusiast
I have some of these (different brand, essentially same mount). If the speaker fits, they're great. Don't have a lot of tilt, tho, so if you need to tilt down at a larger angle than it has....

F*** Audioquest, they're cable charlatans (along with many others, one of the worst things in audiophilia) selling mostly nonsense pseudoscience so I don't encourage supporting them even if you get their cables highly discounted (they'll work, and somewhat pretty, that's about it). Just get yourself adequate gauge for your speakers' impedance and length. This is a great site on all things speaker wire and has a handy table to use, too http://roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

Personally I buy 12g copper speaker wire in bulk from Monoprice and put my own banana plugs (Sewell Silverback is my preference). If you want nice pre-made stuff and don't mind spending a bit of coin try bluejeanscable.com.
Thank you for this. I’m going to check this out. I have been on the fence about the audioquest for a while. Good to know other options are better.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you for this. I’m going to check this out. I have been on the fence about the audioquest for a while. Good to know other options are better.
Again, F**k Audioquest. Built on bullshit

C

Chadd Bock

Enthusiast
Again, F**k Audioquest. Built on bullshit
Haha I can see the supper for AQ is overwhelming here.

Another different subject, but what about a wireless kit for rear speakers? What’s the best route to go on that? I ran across Amphony 1800 which seems like it should work well. Any others I should checkout?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis