Cooling Fan for Equipment Stack

D

dvenardos

Audiophyte
mustang_steve said:
Just wire up the red lead of the fan to the positive on your wall wart, and the black to the negative...
Thanks to your great info, I was able to get my fans working in short order.

I got a regulated output, variable voltage, ac adapter for $10 at local electronics store and would highly recommend getting one. It is hard to know how loud the fan is going to be until it is installed. With the variable voltage you can just turn the dial to slow the fan down or speed it up.

I also took a power adapter out of an old PC and wired the ac adapter to it so I could just plug in the fans.

There is some great info on quiet fans in the forums over at http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewforum.php?f=9 I ended up going with a pair of 120mm Yate Loons from PCTek Online.

B

bdzin

Audiophyte
Coolest Rack Mount Cooling Fans!

Hey!

I've seen the coolest cooling fan available, but they are rack mount or 19" wide. They have three of those computer led type fans in them in red and blue. They say they move 100 cfm per minute and they are really quiet too. Seen them at www.triktags.com Hope this helps!

bdzin

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
stiletto pat said:
<font color='#000000'>I seem to recall seeing a post on a forum regarding a small, quiet cooling fan, especially useful when you have multiple power amps in an enclosed cabinet. &nbsp;Can anyone suggest a good, quiet product for this purpose?

Thanks,

Pat</font>

i mounted 2 computer power supply fans on the back of my cab.used a 9v 900ma wall wart pluged into a switched ontlet in my monster 5100.they run only when the unit,s on

Last edited by a moderator:
F

f0am

Audioholic
I used to have a saltwater aquarium, the lighting needs tons of air movemnt. Radioshack 120mm 120v ac fans are louder then ever. I ended up taking a old power supply from a computer and wiring about 6 120mm computer fans up to my lighting hood. You couldnt hear them over the water movment.
PC fans are the way to go!

R

renegade87

Junior Audioholic
Hey!

I've seen the coolest cooling fan available, but they are rack mount or 19" wide. They have three of those computer led type fans in them in red and blue. They say they move 100 cfm per minute and they are really quiet too. Seen them at www.triktags.com Hope this helps!

bdzin
bdzin,

Thanks a lot! I just ordered the TrikTags 2RUFAN http://www.triktags.com/html/2rufan-bfan_vent_panels.html. It's exactly what I've been looking for at a reasonable price. Thanks again.

Dave

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis