COOL, check out the new SVS website!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice. Although their last website was fine, this one is much prettier.

SheepStar

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Why would they change their URL? Are they "branching" out into things other than subwoofers?

Say it ain't so!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Awwww ... they don't have T-shirts anymore.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Nice look!

Alot better format IMHO, I like how they group the categories for the subs Ultra/Plus/ISD.

Good Show!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Awwww ... they don't have T-shirts anymore.
I think if you really want one, and ask really nicely, you can still get them :)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Yeah the new look was because of the branching out to new stuff. IMO, I think it was done very nice. I just don't like that when you click the back button (if you have viwed more than 1 picture) that it does not go back a page, it goes back to the first picture. However looks good. And the FR of that new bookshelf system looks pretty flat.;)

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
jaxvon said:
Yeah, they just released a new bookshelf speaker system. Check it out:

http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-sbs01.cfm
Call me cynical, but I hate when a company that has made a name for itself specializing with one product branches out and tries it's hand at other things. More often than not instead of creating the same quality in the new stuff, it ends up diluting all their products. I hope that doesn't happen here.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Shadow_Ferret said:
Call me cynical, but I hate when a company that has made a name for itself specializing with one product branches out and tries it's hand at other things. More often than not instead of creating the same quality in the new stuff, it ends up diluting all their products. I hope that doesn't happen here.
SVS has been asked about this, and they said they will not. The bookshelf system is made in China (designed here) so it will not be trying to compete against their main product. Just another way to add a little revenue.
HSU does the same with the Ventriloquist system.

Granted for a bookshelf system it was designed well, so would be a great alternative to a HTIB.
Or small apartment, college dorm room, etc....

I am still waiting for the first reviews to come out on their new system....
I'm sure it will be fine... Those FR charts look pretty good..

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
brian32672 said:
SVS has been asked about this, and they said they will not. The bookshelf system is made in China (designed here) so it will not be trying to compete against their main product. Just another way to add a little revenue.
HSU does the same with the Ventriloquist system.

Granted for a bookshelf system it was designed well, so would be a great alternative to a HTIB.
Or small apartment, college dorm room, etc....

I am still waiting for the first reviews to come out on their new system....
I'm sure it will be fine... Those FR charts look pretty good..
Agreed. This system looks like a real winner.

SheepStar

R

Ron Stimpson

Manufacturer
Shadow,

Water down our products??? As if. Wouldn't be prudent, not gonna do it.

If anything, all the R/D on mains has helped us appreciate ways we can improve our subwoofers even more. It's not like launching new e-mail services, shopping carts, and website, plus our first 5.1 system and export operations was all that big a deal. Some subwoofer shakeups are due soon too.

In our view, if all companies stopped growing after their first product line was famous, well, you wouldn't have quite a few products you have today. Campbells would just sell chicken soup and then where would we be?

You are quite right that any company can lose its way ... but there's zero danger of that here. The very same guys are behind these speakers as all subs so I can assure you our comittments to the customers like you guys here is stronger than ever.

And t-shirts? We got your t-shirts right HERE http://svsound.com/products-parts.cfm .

We're pretty confident folks will find our speaker lines (as they roll out) will rival the best in the business at any give price. Audioholics will soon be able to tell you straight up if it's true. They got one of a handful of sets too.

If the SBS-01 speaker packages don't deserve the SVS logo, I'll personally rip them off every fabric grill and bend someone's pocket protector. We have to USE these products in our own homes, if anyone thinks we'd accept anything the most notoriously picky, objective oriented, OEM on the planet would listen to, well, you don't realize we started SVS precisely because we wanted better than the market offered.

Like I said, if Gene and the crew here aren't impressed, we'll be pretty shocked but God knows no one here answers to SVS.

Ron
SVS

Last edited:
HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Shadow_Ferret said:
Yep, you're cynical. It's not like they're branching into something unknown.

The way I see it is they are broadening their speaker products instead of just a sub-category (pun intended) :p , meaning subwoofers.

It's not like they're branching into making toasters. :rolleyes:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
HookedOnSound said:
Yep, you're cynical. It's not like they're branching into something unknown.

The way I see it is they are broadening their speaker products instead of just a sub-category (pun intended) :p , meaning subwoofers.

It's not like they're branching into making toasters. :rolleyes:
COOL! An SVS toaster!

It will toast the bread with hot voice coils from the competitions crappy subwoofers! :rolleyes:

One thing that can be improved from the old site is the review section. It takes forever, scrolling down and down to get to all the reviews. A nice list would do.

SheepStar

R

Ron Stimpson

Manufacturer
Sheep,

Thanks for that idea. We managed to slip that feature in to our much too long News page. I'll see what I can do to compartmentalize reviews down the road. We've been working so hard on product and expansion issues that a number of US and increasing number of foreign reviews have not gotten much attention.

Ron
SVS

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Hey Ron, I had looked at the review section. Someone made a slight mistake (might of been intentional) But when it comes to Craig's review - it is spelled Criag.
Just thought it was funny......;)

EDIT:: See pic below....

Attachments

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ron Stimpson said:
Sheep,

Thanks for that idea. We managed to slip that feature in to our much too long News page. I'll see what I can do to compartmentalize reviews down the road. We've been working so hard on product and expansion issues that a number of US and increasing number of foreign reviews have not gotten much attention.

Ron
SVS
Your welcome.

Now, how about that Canada issue ;)

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
so! are you thinking about DISTRIBUTION to OTHER parts of the world?
Im tired of hearing this forum's praises of your subs and not being able to hear it myself!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mike c said:
so! are you thinking about DISTRIBUTION to OTHER parts of the world?
Im tired of hearing this forum's praises of your subs and not being able to hear it myself!
I'm in the same boat, and I don't like the smell of salt water..;)

SheepStar

R

Ron Stimpson

Manufacturer
Brian,

Good catch. No WONDER Craig always seems to like someone else's sub (well anyone else's sub really) just a "little" better than ours these days ;^)

I'll fix that and all will be good again. Damn. I'll talk to the web master immediately.

Sheep,

Seeing how we build most our product in Ohio and our margins are quite thin (well, non-existent by industry standards) we've found shipping direct to Canada is the way to go. A distributor up there would probably want to get paid after all, and frankly there is no way to do that and not raise prices. Europe is a different story, since shipping and regional product certifications are things that make containerized bulk distribution cost-effective.

Mike C,

We're easy. Find someone that'll buy a container (we're easy, 20' or 40') and we're there. It's a time consuming thing to set up distribution overseas but we're moving one region at a time as certifications and products are ready and customers are in evidence.

Ron
SVS

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis