Controller vs. Mouse?

S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
Mouse and Keyboard all the was since Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake. Controllers just don't have enough buttons for some games these days, without scrolling through menus. Plus, I don't care for console games with controllers, since they countinuously get outdated, pc's will always be around.... I hope.

Tux

Tux

Audiophyte
You gotta remember that everyone else that you are playing against (assuming you are playing online) is using the joystick too. It's definitely easier to aim with a mouse, but unfortunately in an FPS on consoles, you gotta stick with the joystick.
I haven't done extensive console FPS gaming, (not near the amount of PC FPS gaming I have done), but you will pick up different techniques along the way that you never knew in PC gaming. You will eventually get used to it, as long as you primarily play FPS on consoles.
Another option would be to play FPS on PC, and play all the other kinds of games (assuming you play other genres) on the PS3. I maintain that FPS will always be better on PC, however, I've never seen a good sports game made for the PC, among other genres.

As for PS3 vs Blu-ray, I'd suggest getting the PS3. To my knowledge, the PS3 isn't all that much more expensive than a decent Blu-ray player, but you'll be getting so much more with the PS3.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
In my case, i rather play with a good laser or wireless mouse, it is easiest for me!

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
For me it varies with the game - some I am better with keyboard and mouse, others joystick, others with a controller.

If one isn't working well, then try another, you might find that the way the game is set up, makes a different way of controling it, easier than another.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis