Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Of course they did. I have a week to post the results. Just because I normally post them by the 2nd doesn’t mean I always will.

On a personal note, if you all want to start receiving your prizes, you need to make sure the email address on your profile is active. I'm still trying to contact people from April and frankly I'm fed up. So far the manufacturers have been very understanding but that won't always be the case.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Tom Andry said:
Of course they did. I have a week to post the results. Just because I normally post them by the 2nd doesn’t mean I always will.

On a personal note, if you all want to start receiving your prizes, you need to make sure the email address on your profile is active. I'm still trying to contact people from April and frankly I'm fed up. So far the manufacturers have been very understanding but that won't always be the case.
I'll volunteer to take anything that goes unclaimed! :D We wouldn't want those manufacturers unhappy.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Me too. How about some members who DESERVE to win for once..

All these 1 post nobodys. You should make a post limit for something.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I say we re-do the contest for april - what's the prize?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
You should make a post limit for something
My heart tells me to second that, but by brain tells me its counter-intuitive.

While it does seem unfair when a contest with a desireable prize is won by someone who registered only to enter the contest, I am sure one reason why the contests exist is to get more people to sign up.

I suppose a 25 post minimum to be eligible for ONLY the most desireable of prizes will take care of that while not adversely affecting the sign up rate. Like say... the 4306 give away...:D ;)

Ok. I second that.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Part of your rules should be that if you can't contact them in a reasonable amount of time, they forefit their price and you either select an alternate from the original entries or it goes back up for the following month in a new contest. I also think you should tighten up the requirements for entry like what agawarlo suggested is a very good idea.

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
I will also have to agree with the time limit to claim your booty. I'm not sure about a posting limit though. I do read the boards daily but I don't post often because you guys (the regulars) can answer the questions a hell of a lot better than I could.

Bryguy

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bryguy said:
I will also have to agree with the time limit to claim your booty. I'm not sure about a posting limit though. I do read the boards daily but I don't post often because you guys (the regulars) can answer the questions a hell of a lot better than I could.

Bryguy
You have enough posts that I wouldn't worry about you, but I don't think it is fair when someone registers, has 3 posts and wins a contest that theoretically should be for members who at least minimally participate in the forum, not just register to enter the contest. I don't think it is unreasonable to require a very small number of posts as a requirement, and 15 is certainly not out of the question.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I also think you should tighten up the requirements for entry like what agawarlo suggested is a very good idea.
You butt-plug! I came up with that. :mad:

:rolleyes:

SheepStar

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Gene and I have talked it over. While the post limit is an interesting idea, it is not enforceable without a Herculean effort on my part or a major change to way the forum works. So, that is out. We thought about changing the rules until I read this:

If for any reason Audioholics.com is unable to contact a prize winner within one week of the drawing at the email address provided on entry, the prize will be deemed forfeited and no new winner will be drawn.

In Clint we trust. This rule will be enforced to the letter from this moment on. You have been put on notice.

Understand that while the occasional "I never got my notice, how do I collect my prize" email wasn't that bad, the flood gates opened over the last month and a half and I've spent WAY too much time on this. DVIGear in particular has been very gracious in handing out prizes that weren't claimed MONTHS later. I suggest everyone that read this should check their account and ensure that their email is active. If you have aggressive spam filters, I suggest you check your spam mail folder during the first 2 weeks of every month you think you could have won a prize. More importantly, I do post the winners within a week in the winners thread. I'd check that as well (bookmark it from some of you).

I know you all want to see the unclaimed prizes held over for the next month or a new winner picked but it just not going to happen. These contests are more work than you expect and doubling or tripling that workload trying to find someone that checks their email on a regular basis isn’t fair to anyone.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sheep said:
You butt-plug! I came up with that. :mad:
:rolleyes:
Not my fault you keep nutting yourself...:D Sorry, as Sheep and agawarlo mentioned....:)

Tom Andry said:
Gene and I have talked it over. While the post limit is an interesting idea, it is not enforceable without a Herculean effort on my part or a major change to way the forum works.
Well, could always let Sheep do the checking, since it was his idea...:D j/k Wasn't there a thread about making Sheep a mod???

If for any reason Audioholics.com is unable to contact a prize winner within one week of the drawing at the email address provided on entry, the prize will be deemed forfeited and no new winner will be drawn.

In Clint we trust. This rule will be enforced to the letter from this moment on. You have been put on notice.
OK, I guess that answers that.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Tom Andry said:
Gene and I have talked it over. While the post limit is an interesting idea, it is not enforceable without a Herculean effort on my part or a major change to way the forum works. So, that is out. We thought about changing the rules until I read this:

Understand that while the occasional "I never got my notice, how do I collect my prize" email wasn't that bad, the flood gates opened over the last month and a half and I've spent WAY too much time on this. DVIGear in particular has been very gracious in handing out prizes that weren't claimed MONTHS later. I suggest everyone that read this should check their account and ensure that their email is active. If you have aggressive spam filters, I suggest you check your spam mail folder during the first 2 weeks of every month you think you could have won a prize. More importantly, I do post the winners within a week in the winners thread. I'd check that as well (bookmark it from some of you).

I know you all want to see the unclaimed prizes held over for the next month or a new winner picked but it just not going to happen. These contests are more work than you expect and doubling or tripling that workload trying to find someone that checks their email on a regular basis isn’t fair to anyone.
Bah! No additional workload is required with my solution. Just have the stuff sent to me. No counting posts. No checking emails. ;) :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis