considering Crown XLS 1002 instead of Outlaw M2200

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was just curious about the spikes/vibration control stuff...
Our 1/2 story is spongy A.F! Wouldn’t surprise me to find 16”+ spacing on the floor joists, or thin floor-board... whatever material he may have chosen. Maybe even both.
Anyway, everything shakes when I walk through the room, and I’m a ninja! (Ok, not really a ninja, but I do move softly for a 6’3” ryanosaur!)
And on top of that, metro racks are, if you’ve ever played with one, quite... vibrational.
And with two x-13s and soon two Phil 3-s, I’m doing everything I can two minimize vibrations!

Oh, and those X-13s are amazing! But that 1/2 story floor is now the largest passive radiator on the planet.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am kinda miffed at the company as a whole for it taking this long, as well as still having to find out for myself if it’s truly repaired.

6 months into my ownership of this!
Did they send your unit to the New Jersey factory?

Unless it’s something simple like replacing the HDMI board, there is a chance it may never get repaired just like with my 2 Denon’s I sent in - one was a Denon AVR and the other one was the AVP-A1HD.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Did they send your unit to the New Jersey factory?

Unless it’s something simple like replacing the HDMI board, there is a chance it may never get repaired just like with my 2 Denon’s I sent in - one was a Denon AVR and the other one was the AVP-A1HD.
They had me send it to a place out here in CA (Huntington Beach/orange County, I think)... Adam's Electronics. So far everything seems fine... I haven't heard the audio drop like it had been. The tech replaced the digital processing board, so at least she tried something! ;) Her best guess was a part there was partially failing, hence random intermittent audio drop out. Sounded a lot like a digital relay switching like when you switch audio modes.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Our 1/2 story is spongy A.F! Wouldn’t surprise me to find 16”+ spacing on the floor joists, or thin floor-board... whatever material he may have chosen. Maybe even both.
Anyway, everything shakes when I walk through the room, and I’m a ninja! (Ok, not really a ninja, but I do move softly for a 6’3” ryanosaur!)
And on top of that, metro racks are, if you’ve ever played with one, quite... vibrational.
And with two x-13s and soon two Phil 3-s, I’m doing everything I can two minimize vibrations!

Oh, and those X-13s are amazing! But that 1/2 story floor is now the largest passive radiator on the planet.
So you're concerned an optical disk might skip or something? Not familiar with metro racks, tho. I have lived in places with lively floors, tho all I worried about was my turntable.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So you're concerned an optical disk might skip or something? Not familiar with metro racks, tho. I have lived in places with lively floors, tho all I worried about was my turntable.
No... not so worried about that, Lovin... from the metro rack perspective... its just metal shelving that has the potential for ringing and/or rattling, so for 50-60, I can pretty much neutralize that (I think) and save up a little for an actual rack that looks nice. A can of Boom Mat to spray the underside of the shelves (got that idea from the TNT/flexy plan site), some Neoprene, and the MDF. Hell, if it works, I might just put a dress and some lipstick on that pig with some iron-on veneer and try my hand finishing it. ;)
BTW, that foam place does acoustic foam too, if you're ever interested!
And for the room, I've got some other tricks, too. But since I can't fix the floor boards or joists, I just gotta take the other steps to kill some of the vibrations across the house.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No... not so worried about that, Lovin... from the metro rack perspective... its just metal shelving that has the potential for ringing and/or rattling, so for 50-60, I can pretty much neutralize that (I think) and save up a little for an actual rack that looks nice. A can of Boom Mat to spray the underside of the shelves (got that idea from the TNT/flexy plan site), some Neoprene, and the MDF. Hell, if it works, I might just put a dress and some lipstick on that pig with some iron-on veneer and try my hand finishing it. ;)
BTW, that foam place does acoustic foam too, if you're ever interested!
And for the room, I've got some other tricks, too. But since I can't fix the floor boards or joists, I just gotta take the other steps to kill some of the vibrations across the house.
Gotcha. Those metro racks don't sound too attractive :) Bookmarked the foam place, thanks.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Gotcha. Those metro racks don't sound too attractive :) Bookmarked the foam place, thanks.
very late nineties inustrio-chic. for everyone in san francisco lofts in the early 2ks, that wanted their pads to look like restaurant storage or workshops. :)
Also highly functional. If you've ever been in the container store, you've seen them: inter-metro
Also... that foam place, I bought two layers of support foam from them to build my own mattress, and a latex topper from another place. Awesome bed! super afordable. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
very late nineties inustrio-chic. for everyone in san francisco lofts in the early 2ks, that wanted their pads to look like restaurant storage or workshops. :)
Also highly functional. If you've ever been in the container store, you've seen them: inter-metro
Also... that foam place, I bought two layers of support foam from them to build my own mattress, and a latex topper from another place. Awesome bed! super afordable. ;)
My dad had one of those racks....

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Her best guess was a part there was partially failing, hence random intermittent audio drop out. Sounded a lot like a digital relay switching like when you switch audio modes.
That is believable, and is the main reason why I think for those who worry about AVR's complexity and sardine style layout affecting reliability need to understand that the amp section in AVRs rarely fail, it is usually the prepro section that would fail first. The amp section does contribute to more heat build up relatively speaking, but if you look at the Marantz models, the AVRs have much more vent holes, and have fans, though spending $20 on one or two external fans can't hurt. Going separate AVP and power amp doesn't really help except you pay more.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis