Connecting Raumfeld speakers to smart TV

A

Akaran3

Audiophyte
Hello all! I'm brand new to the forum, an amateur and have an A/V question.

I acquired some speaker components from Raumfeld (Teufel), a former client. I have a One M unit and a set of Stereo M speakers. I heard it was possible to connect the Stereo Ms to a SmartTV but I'm having serious issues doing so. I tried using a standard audio cable to no avail and there's no digital optical connection on the Stereo Ms. It's really difficult finding any info on this. I understand that Raumfeld is primarily for wireless/multiroom audio but if there is no way to connect to a TV, that could be one of the biggest oversights ever. I'd like to know if it is possible. If not, is there any to modify the speakers to make it possible? These are amazing speakers and I hate not being able to take advantage of them. My last resort is contacting the home office in Germany but I thought I'd try here first. Thanks in advance for any help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Most likely because your tv isn't capable of being a transmitter to the speakers. What tv is it? What do you consider a "standard audio cable"?

A

Akaran3

Audiophyte
Thanks for the quick response! The TV is an LG - 55" Class UN7000 Series LED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV. The cable I used was your basic red/white stereo audio cable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of the brand of speakers before but do see mention on their website they have a line input but having trouble finding details of what they call a "cinch" input on the M model (I'm not familar with that term, it might mean rca inputs but it might be a 3.5mm type?.....the type of cables for analog connection vary, your red/white rca are generally termed composite type....did you find the same type of input on the speakers but not on the tv?), the Raumfeld site apparently doesn't believe in a product manual.

I don't see that your tv has analog output at all, tho. it has an optical connector only for output that I can see. There are optical to analog converters out there, though. Can you confirm or take a pic of the inputs on the speakers available?

In order to connect one M to the other it uses speaker level output from the main to the slave speaker (i.e. regular speaker wires/cables, apparently bare end for screw terminals). I'd only bother with the stereo speakers as your tv's output would be in stereo.

TVs generally aren't good transmitters, they're more intended as receivers.

A

Akaran3

Audiophyte
Thanks for your effort in helping me out. I really appreciate it. Yeah, as I mentioned, quality info on the full capabilities of these speakers is hard to come by. The One M I'm not worried about. That's for another room. Attached are photos of the inputs on the TV and the Stereo M speaker. Thanks again lovinthehd!

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for your effort in helping me out. I really appreciate it. Yeah, as I mentioned, quality info on the full capabilities of these speakers is hard to come by. The One M I'm not worried about. That's for another room. Attached are photos of the inputs on the TV and the Stereo M speaker. Thanks again lovinthehd!
You're quite welcome. You just need to match gear up for use. Seems these speakers are more intended for music-only type applications, steered by digital devices. I can't make out the tv's panel in your photo, but does appear to be different from what I looked up for your model (what are the two rca jacks at the far right, the ones to the left look to be rca component video inputs) ?

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well it is complicated. That One M unit has an analog input via what that call a cinch connector. I have no idea what they mean. Can you post a picture of it.

Your TV can wirelessly connect to a Smart speaker system like yours that conforms to the WiSA protocol. Your Teufel does stuff dos not not conform.

Your TV for hardwire audio out, only has HDMI ARC which in no good to you. Your TV has an optical out, if you activate it in the menu.

Your only solution that I can see for you is to get an optical to analog converter and connect it to the audio in, cinch connector, whatever that is.

This system takes me back to the awful audio gear that used to emanate from Germany during the fifties and sixties, until they got eclipsed by the Far Eastern junk purveyors.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Now you have posted a photograph, your best bet, is to get an optical to analog converter and connect the output to the two RCA audio inputs on the active speaker.

You don't need that M unit, that just will complicate things, and I don't see a way to connect it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis