Connecting more than 2 subwoofers

• Thread starter }Fear_Inoculum{
  • Start date
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Simple question:

How do you do it? Is a splitter sufficient for it? Right now I'm running 2× Paradigm Defiance X12s off of my pre outs. I have another subwoofer input (Yamaha RX-A2040) that I can plug a 3rd subwoofer into? What if I wanted to connect 4 (or more) subwoofers?

Screenshot_20210708-130556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cheers,

}Fear_Inoculum{

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Splitting is fine if the Subs being split are symmetrical in the room and equidistant from the MLP.
This, of course, is dependent on the AVR actually managing the 2 SubOuts independently (as there are AVRs out there that have 2 Sub Outs but are really just an internal splitter (you can tell which your machine is by whether you can set individual Level/Trim and Distance/Delay for each output)).
Beyond that, if you really want absolute control, this is where the MiniDSP 2x4 comes into play. Using REW and a measurment mic like the U-Mik 1, you can take very detailed measurements of how each sub is performing and dial them in with their own Distance/Delay, manual EQ, etc.
Combining the MiniDSP and your own Room Correction, you should be able to suitably micro-manage (to the fullest of any potential OCD) your way to a very clean and flat FR, or build your own house curve.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis