Connecting James EMB1000 subwoofer

B

bruno

Enthusiast
Hi!

I just bought a James EMB1000 subwoofer second hand, but I'm not sure how to connect it to my system (speaker level, as I have a vintage amplifier).

My old subwoofer has 8 connections for this purpose: 4 connectors for left and right channel input, and 4 connectors for output to the speakers (signal is divided in the subwoofer and the higher frequencies are fed to the speakers. You know what I'm talking about.).

BUT, the EMB1000 only has 4 connectors: left input and right input (see picture below).

How then do I forward the signal to the speakers from here? I guess I could connect both the amplifier cables and the speaker cables to the same connectors, but then the subwoofer would not split the signal, would it? It will simply feed the original signal from the amp to the speakers, as I understand it. Or perhaps that doesn't matter? What do you say?

Grateful for your help!

EMB1000.jpeg

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
If your vintage amplifier has Speaker A and Speaker B connections, you can use Speaker B to connect the sub. If your amp has no Speaker B connections, you are out of luck with this sub.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

B

bruno

Enthusiast
Thanks for your answer. I actually found a way to connect the subwoofer by connecting an RCA cable from my mixer's Line Out to the subwoofer's Low Level Input. It's an akward solution, but it seems to work! Also, as my mixer has a separate volume knob for Line Out, I can handily control the subwoofer output from there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Could be other ways to connect it too, depending on your amp (always good to post make/model of each piece of gear you're working with) but the James sub doesn't appear to have a high pass filter for your speakers, either with high level or low level inputs, just a low pass filter (despite the label "crossover"....which I always find annoying).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis