connecting computer to Logitec Z-640

I

isaac

Audiophyte
Here's my problem:

The Logitec Z-640 set has a built-in power amplifier and is generally hooked up to 5.1 analog inputs (that are combined into three minijacks.

My new computer is a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-137 c-b PC Bundle.

There is 1 mini jack line out on back of computer, one line in, and then there are three mini jack inputs that have symbol that looks like a little speaker, and specify center/sub, side and rear.

How am I supposed to connect? Do i need an adapter of some kind? Thank you!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
There is 1 mini jack line out on back of computer, one line in, and then there are three mini jack inputs that have symbol that looks like a little speaker, and specify center/sub, side and rear.
Recheck your manual. That bolded part sure seems to be describing outputs to me.

Such being the case, three interconnects with 1/8" stereo mini-plugs on both ends should do it.

I

isaac

Audiophyte
nuh uhhh

sorry baby it don't work. only the 1 line out channel works. help me pleeeez!

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
A few things.

1. The audio jacks on the back of the computer are all outputs not inputs.
2. The jacks on the speaker system are inputs as the speakers receive the signals from the source.
3. Is the computer capable of decoding and outputting a 5.1 signal ? The literature is vague and doesn't mention this in the audio section.

As mentioned by markw you need to get cables with the appropriate mini plug. Then follow the outputs from the computer to the inputs on the speakers system.

Then check the settings in the computer to make sure its set to output a 5.1 signal. This is what I'm guessing to be the problem. It's very common with DVD and BluRay players.

B

bobbybluz

Audiophyte
audio card?

What do you have in your computer to output the audio signal to your Logitechs? On all Creative 5.1/7.1 cards output 1 is left and right, 2 is center and sub, 3 is rear left and right. There should have been a 3-wire cable that came with your speakers with 1/8" stereo miniplugs on each end of the wires. Green is commonly left and right, Black is center and sub, Orange is rear left and right.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis