Connecting Component to Scart. Is it possible?

N

NewPowerG

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello,

I want to connect my XBOX which has component out to my Television (Loewe Ergo) that has 2 SCART sockets, one SCART(RGB). I have searched the web for an adapter/converter and I am beginning to think this isn't possible!

BTW, I have only just recently found this site and wish to pass on my gratitude to all involved. I have been on a huge learning curve for the past 2 weeks and wish I had read a few articles prior to setting up my system and cabling my apartment !!

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or is a ridiculous thing to try and do..</font>

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000F22'>I found this page that has the info you will need. They have a cable for an xbox to scart tv connection.</font>

N

NewPowerG

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks wabbit - I have seen that page but it doesn't quite fit what I am trying to achieve.

In my place, the TV is about 5 metres away from the sofa (plan on getting a projector at some stage) and all my a/v sits in shelving about 5 metres away from the living room. So when I cabled my apartment, I cabled for the xbox to be next to the sofa - connecting back to my a/v receiver with component cables. Then from my receiver I have component cables to the TV. Where I am having trouble is connecting my component lead to the Scart(RGB) socket on my TV.

So in short, I want to do is:

xbox -- component out --> Marantz SR-18EX Receiver --- component out ---> HOW DO I CONNECT HERE? &lt;--Scart(RBG) In - Loewe Ergo TV

For what this is worth, I also found in the Loewe technical data the following information for the 2 Scart ports:
- 1 S-VHS capable
- 1 RGB capable
- 1 Component Video input capable  (** Now there are only 2 scart ports, so is it implying that one of them is also Component input capable? Would this most likely be the RGB?)

I have also since found the following adapter but as it says OUT I am not sure if it is suitable.

Thanks again.</font>

T

Tharn Jaggar

Is it ?

Hello NewPower,

have you found if that SCART RGB thing works.
They argue it is for component televisions... I know televisions have SCART-RGB but is that true RGB or, as they say on the site another badly used name for YPrPb...

My current setup is:
Pioneer DVR5100H/SCART(RGB)--SCART-->SCART(RGB)/Panasonic TX32PS11
Pioneer DVR5100H/OpticalAudio--Optical cable-->OpticalAudio/Panasonic SA-XR50

I would like to benefit of the video ampl as I've been told that improve video quality. The amp does not have SCARTs but YPrPb connectors...
I was wondering if I can link Pioneer's SCART(RGB) to YPrPb input of amp and then YPrPb output of amp to SCART(RGB) in television using the connector found here: http://store.yahoo.com/videoware/scartrgb.html

Anybody can help me with that ?

/Tharn

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis