Connecting component dvd to HDMI receiver

N

notechie

Audiophyte
Hi all. I am really stumped right now. I just bought a Pioneer vsx-820-K receiver. I have an HDTV that is 12 feet away from the components. It only has on HDMI cable run through the wall attached to my av receiver. My DVD player has only RCA and Component connections. My receiver has both. How can I connect the dvd player to the receiver without running a component cable through the wall to connect directly to the tv? I have looked into video converters and component to HDMI cables as well. Thanks for the help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi all. I am really stumped right now. I just bought a Pioneer vsx-820-K receiver. I have an HDTV that is 12 feet away from the components. It only has on HDMI cable run through the wall attached to my av receiver. My DVD player has only RCA and Component connections. My receiver has both. How can I connect the dvd player to the receiver without running a component cable through the wall to connect directly to the tv? I have looked into video converters and component to HDMI cables as well. Thanks for the help.
First of all there is no such thing as an component to HDMI cable. Component is analog and HDMI is digital.

Unless your receiver can convert component to HDMI you are out of luck.

A new player is your solution and I recommend you purchase a Blue Ray player. That will be you best, cheapest and easiest option.

highfigh

highfigh

Read your manual.

H

Hyfi

Enthusiast
First of all there is no such thing as an component to HDMI cable. Component is analog and HDMI is digital.
Actually Slingbox has one and it is now discontinued. I have a new one in the box and no use and it would probably work for this except for the wall. Basically you plug the RGBs/B&R into one side and the other end had an HDMI cable/plug to go into an HDMI slot.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Actually Slingbox has one and it is now discontinued. I have a new one in the box and no use and it would probably work for this except for the wall. Basically you plug the RGBs/B&R into one side and the other end had an HDMI cable/plug to go into an HDMI slot.
Well it must be an active device that uses power, you can not go from analog to digital without a powered converter.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Yes, it does have a power connection.
I bet they got forced to discontinue it by the long arm of the law. Manufacture and sale of such a device is definitely illegal, because it totally defeats DRM

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis