Connecting a B&W ASW 675 to mixer and integrated amp

B

bruno

Enthusiast
Hey,

I have this old B&W ASW 675 subwoofer which I'd like to connect to my stereo. My stereo consists of 2 Technics 1200 turntables, an Ecler 2-channel dj mixer and an old 80's Rotel RA 612 integrated amplifier.
The sub only has line in and line out connections, and is thus not made for use with integrated amps. However, I'm only using the amp as a power amp, my mixer working as pre amp, so I was thinking maybe I can use the sub after all? But how?
The mixer has line out connections, so I guess I would connect from there to the line in of the sub. And then? From the line out of the sub to the...what of the amp?
There's no line in on the amp, only aux, phono and tape monitor in. Would any of these work?

Thanks for your help!

/bruno

B

bruno

Enthusiast
I would appreciate if somebody could help me out here. I guess the question comes down to "can I plug a subwoofer into my amp's aux input?". Yes or no?

Cheers

/bruno

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I would appreciate if somebody could help me out here. I guess the question comes down to "can I plug a subwoofer into my amp's aux input?". Yes or no?

Cheers

/bruno
No you can't.

B

bruno

Enthusiast
OK, cheers.
My idea was to connect the sub from the pre out, and then from sub to aux in. The only difference from the instructions in the manual is that I plug it into aux in instead of line in. But you're saying there is an actual difference between line in and aux in? That's a shame. I can't use the sub then.

Thanks for your help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, cheers.
My idea was to connect the sub from the pre out, and then from sub to aux in. The only difference from the instructions in the manual is that I plug it into aux in instead of line in. But you're saying there is an actual difference between line in and aux in? That's a shame. I can't use the sub then.

Thanks for your help.
You need to provide more information. I don't see how any input on your mixer is involved with a sub. Do you have a link to the manual of that mixer?

M

Murrel

Audioholic Intern
Hey,

I have this old B&W ASW 675 subwoofer which I'd like to connect to my stereo. My stereo consists of 2 Technics 1200 turntables, an Ecler 2-channel dj mixer and an old 80's Rotel RA 612 integrated amplifier.
The sub only has line in and line out connections, and is thus not made for use with integrated amps. However, I'm only using the amp as a power amp, my mixer working as pre amp, so I was thinking maybe I can use the sub after all? But how?
The mixer has line out connections, so I guess I would connect from there to the line in of the sub. And then? From the line out of the sub to the...what of the amp?
There's no line in on the amp, only aux, phono and tape monitor in. Would any of these work?

Thanks for your help!

Bruno

Took me a bit to find a pic of the amp in your sub. It has line in and line out (low level RCA) so the answer is yes you can use it.

I run the same set up in my basement for my girls stage.

line out of the mixer to line in on the sub. Line out of the sub to AUX in on your amp.

It will work just fine you will just have to watch the gain on the sub as it is very easy to over drive a HT sub in this configuration.

Murrel

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis