Confused about wall mounting speakers...

J

Joseman37

Audioholic Intern
Could anyone recommend me any good brackets for wall mounting Polk T15 Bookshelf speakers, but especially the Polk T30 center channel speaker, which I don't know what kind of bracket I would need. Thank you

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Could anyone recommend me any good brackets for wall mounting Polk T15 Bookshelf speakers, but especially the Polk T30 center channel speaker, which I don't know what kind of bracket I would need. Thank you
You have not had much traction with your question. The problem is we know nothing about the wall or its construction. We don't want to offer advice and then find out you had to call in a drywall crew at great expense.

In addition you should only place speakers designed for on wall placement. Generally a speaker's crossovers are designed for placement at least 14" from room boundaries. On wall and in wall require different designs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The T15 only has a keyhole mount so if you don't want to drill into the speakers you might look at something like this (there's more than one brand offering these, the ones I have like this are Pinpoint brand). For the center I'd build a small shelf perhaps....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The T15 only has a keyhole mount so if you don't want to drill into the speakers you might look at something like this (there's more than one brand offering these, the ones I have like this are Pinpoint brand). For the center I'd build a small shelf perhaps....
Yeah, these work pretty good. Omni mount makes a decent one but you have to screw into the back. No problems I can see doing that.(maybe check where the XO is).
For the center, maybe a simple wood shelf with the galvanized pipe vibe.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That adjustable wall bracket is probably overkill for the small T15. The bracket supports up to 55 lbs. and the T15 may weigh as little as 8¼ lbs according to Amazon. I was surprised to find out that Polk provides no info at all on how much the T15 or T30 weigh.

If 8¼ lbs. is correct, a single screw with it's head inserted in the keyhole slot on the T15's back should work.
1580493175018.png

As TLS Guy pointed out, you have to know what your wall will support. The best method is to find a wood wall stud and drive a screw through the drywall, directly into the wood. If no stud is where you need it, and if you have drywall ½" to ¾" thick, a single drywall anchor such as this type or that type can work.

The T30, again according to Amazon, weighs only 11½ lbs. It will require a small shelf, deep enough to accommodate the T30's 8½" depth plus another 2" to allow it's rear port enough breathing room.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That adjustable wall bracket is probably overkill for the small T15. The bracket supports up to 55 lbs. and the T15 may weigh as little as 8¼ lbs according to Amazon. I was surprised to find out that Polk provides no info at all on how much the T15 or T30 weigh.

If 8¼ lbs. is correct, a single screw with it's head inserted in the keyhole slot on the T15's back should work.
View attachment 33736

As TLS Guy pointed out, you have to know what your wall will support. The best method is to find a wood wall stud and drive a screw through the drywall, directly into the wood. If no stud is where you need it, and if you have drywall ½" to ¾" thick, a single drywall anchor such as this type or that type can work.

The T30, again according to Amazon, weighs only 11½ lbs. It will require a small shelf, deep enough to accommodate the T30's 8½" depth plus another 2" to allow it's rear port enough breathing room.
I wasn't saying it was best and it could be overkill (or more useful later when upgrading to a bigger/heavier speaker), but many don't want to drill into their speakers too. Just a suggestion.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I just installed a pair of surround sound speakers using VideoSecu MS56B 3LH mounts (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9O8SI/). These appear to be very similar to the ones lhd mentioned.

They worked well for me. On paper they were overkill for my surrounds, but the first brackets I tried were just too flimsy and I didn't trust them (the speakers were right at the weight limit of the first brackets).

One potential issue is that the clamp is not especially secure, at least not with the torque I was willing to put on the screws. The brackets come with small screws you can drive into the bottom of your speakers. I didn't want to do that, so I used 3M 2-sided foam mounting tape to help secure the speakers. That was good enough for my purposes.

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
I just installed a pair of surround sound speakers using VideoSecu MS56B 3LH mounts (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9O8SI/). These appear to be very similar to the ones lhd mentioned.

They worked well for me. On paper they were overkill for my surrounds, but the first brackets I tried were just too flimsy and I didn't trust them (the speakers were right at the weight limit of the first brackets).

One potential issue is that the clamp is not especially secure, at least not with the torque I was willing to put on the screws. The brackets come with small screws you can drive into the bottom of your speakers. I didn't want to do that, so I used 3M 2-sided foam mounting tape to help secure the speakers. That was good enough for my purposes.
I have 4 of these for surrounds and backs and they are solid as long as you get at least two screws into a stud. I have pretty big bookshelf speakers on them and am not worried. Also didn't put screws into them and I tightened them to where they can't be pulled out easily. No need to damage that nice finish.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis