Component Video Selector / Switch Help

A

avalynch

Audiophyte
I'm new here and have a question about component video switching. I'm sure this subject has been covered in great detail, however, I can't find these discussions anywhere.

My question is what component video selectors are available? I'm aware of the one made by Audio Authority (1154a) and a JVC JX-S111 unit. I'm also aware that Yamaha and Denon (among others I assume) have incorportated this feature into their expensive DSP's. I want to know if Yamaha for example makes a unit that is only a component video switch. I figured someone like Monster would make one of these as well. I can't find one anywhere, so I assume they do not make such a beast. I don't mind companies like Audio Authority or JVC but I'm pretty dedicated to Yamaha and Monster. I'd like to stick to my guns.

I currently have a Yamaha DSP-A1, so I don't have the component video selector similar to the RX-Z9.

I have a Sony 42" Plasma with one Component Video In. I want to connect a Progressive Scan DVD, an HDTV Cable Box, and a Computer via Component Video.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Zektor makes several really good switchers. They are IR remote controlled and are 17" component sized (which I really like).

S

Space Ace

Enthusiast
I just bought a component switch box made by Inday, model RGB4X-R. It switches component video only, no audio, and has 230mhz bandwidth. I'm using it with my Zenith DVB318 dvd player and my Xbox. Picture quality is excellent with no loss that I can detect. Even comes with a remote. Bought it straight from the company for $149 shipped. Good luck.

H

HansE

Audiophyte
Does this component switcher output to 2 sources?? I am looking for a way to drive a second TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis