Complete RCA Living Stereo SACD Edition 1 + 14 Discs From Edition 2

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
This Edition 1 complete set is no longer available. It belonged to my best friend who died exactly 4 years ago. Should you be interested, I've just listed it on eBay:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This Edition 1 complete set is no longer available. It belonged to my best friend who died exactly 4 years ago. Should you be interested, I've just listed it on eBay:

I have some of those discs. The problem is that RCA had there own tape equalization curves. No record of them was preserved. It is alleged the records were dumped in the Delaware River when their building was demolished. So to my mind those discs don't have the Eq quite right and I have to adjust it.

The sound on this discs is inferior to the Mercury Living presence transfers from the recordings of Fine, and Cozart. The original three track recordings can be heard on SACD discs. Some were recorded on three track Ampex tape machines and some on three channel optical recorders.

Paul Paray's recording with the DSO of the Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique is particularly fine. A superb performance beautifully captured.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis