Complete GT5 Car List!!!

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
As nice as 10000 cars is... I do not want that many. I also don't see them following through on developing that many after release.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I want DAMAGE MODELS!!!! grr....
Is it really that hard to say "Ok, lets add damage!" :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, because auto manufactures don't want a simulator to damage a car in a way that would make it took unsafe.

SheepStar

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Yeah, because auto manufactures don't want a simulator to damage a car in a way that would make it took unsafe.

SheepStar
Forza does it, other games have done damage. Reasons not to for GT5 are just excuses at this point.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Is there a release date for this game yet? I can't access that list from work as it's blocked like most of the good stuff is. :(

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
That list is fake. There's no way PD would put add 9,660 cars into the game as downloadable content - it just doesn't make sense. I can't see the devs modeling and balancing that many cars.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
If you wanted to play the game in like 5 years I would say yes put in damage models. Each car is 200,000 polygons!!! Do you know how much work that would be to add damage to that?

Also the rumor is bogus! There are only 40 models of cars.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
That list is fake. There's no way PD would put add 9,660 cars into the game as downloadable content - it just doesn't make sense. I can't see the devs modeling and balancing that many cars.
Agreed, that's pretty absurd IMO.

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
According to the Official Playstation Magazine, there's an estimated 900 cars in the game. A lot of the cars are just different variations of the same thing though. The interior shots look amazing!

G

gtguy90

Audiophyte
gt5 cars

i love how gt brought the renault escape f1 back. i can drive in my super fast van again!!!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
This game had better bee the bees knees for as long as they are making everyone wait to get it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did you not see the E3 promo videos? Based on what I saw, damage was added.

Most likely you won't have access to all 10,000 cars right off the bat, you will have to unlock or win them. Just like before, you will most likely be able to both download or purchase via disc. What I want to know is how will they handle those who have Prologue?

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I wonder if they'll get engine noises right this time round.

No more airy fuzz.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't see the Mach 5 on that list :D And I know they've already built it for the game because polyphony did the car for the movie.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Engine noises are still a bit off... but damn close.

Also, I would like the option to shut all the game "nags" when you are doing a race. Just me, in the cockpit of my vehicle.

A wise friend of mine in racing told me that if you have time to look at your speedometer, your going too slow! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A wise friend of mine in racing told me that if you have time to look at your speedometer, your going too slow! :D
Yes but the many classes of racing utilize shift lights so you don't really have to look down. If there is a car in front of you, your job is to pass them which means you don't really need to know your speed. If you are in front, you are keeping an eye on whomever is behind you.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
If you are in front, you are keeping an eye on whomever is behind you.
technically, your crew chief should be doing that. You should just focus on driving and not driving with your mirrors. Unless your name is Tow-Mater.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
technically, your crew chief should be doing that. You should just focus on driving and not driving with your mirrors. Unless your name is Tow-Mater.
They should be giving you the interval, but you are the one out there and need to at least have an idea of what they are doing :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis