College Basketball Fans?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, it has officially begun. Personally, I just love college basketball. Right now, my Wildcats are not doing too well. :(:( That is, North Carolina flat kicked their a$$ last night. :eek::eek: Of course, North Carolina is ranked # 1 and after last night I believe it! ;);) Holy smokes they are good. So, I am just curious if there are others here that really get into college basketball. If so, why not post and let us know who you are rooting for. March Madness will be here before you know it. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hello hello hello........well..........thought there would be a few anyways. :D:D Oh well, I sure love it.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
College basketball used to be my favorite sport for quite a while. I don't follow sports like I used to anymore. Basketball is my favorite sport, but when I watch, its just pro for now.

Doesn't surprise me that you're a big fan. You're from KY! Wildcats eh... another great program has the same mascot.... AZ. I was actually in Tucson when they were in the Final Four with Bibby and what's his name... argh.... Simon I believe...

There was some documentary on Kentucky basketball that I was interested in seeing a while back. The reason? Ashley Judd was the narrator. :D

I don't really have a favorite team. I just root for good games. Ok, I root against Duke. Just because.

ESPN had a funny poll a long time ago. "What is your most hated team?"

1. Yankees
2. Duke
3. Cowboys
4. Lakers

And the funniest part was that the sportscaster would always say, "... and remember, #2 is Duke..."

I hated Laettener. I'll just blame him.

p.s. I bought a motivational book by Pitino that he wrote when he was with KY. Never really read it though... maybe skimmed it... his mantra was basically about "deserving it"...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
College basketball used to be my favorite sport for quite a while. I don't follow sports like I used to anymore. Basketball is my favorite sport, but when I watch, its just pro for now.

Doesn't surprise me that you're a big fan. You're from KY! Wildcats eh... another great program has the same mascot.... AZ. I was actually in Tucson when they were in the Final Four with Bibby and what's his name... argh.... Simon I believe...

There was some documentary on Kentucky basketball that I was interested in seeing a while back. The reason? Ashley Judd was the narrator. :D

I don't really have a favorite team. I just root for good games. Ok, I root against Duke. Just because.

ESPN had a funny poll a long time ago. "What is your most hated team?"

1. Yankees
2. Duke
3. Cowboys
4. Lakers

And the funniest part was that the sportscaster would always say, "... and remember, #2 is Duke..."

I hated Laettener. I'll just blame him.

p.s. I bought a motivational book by Pitino that he wrote when he was with KY. Never really read it though... maybe skimmed it... his mantra was basically about "deserving it"...
Thanks Jost for posting. Was beginning to think I was all alone here. :eek::eek: Anyways, Ashley Judd is not doubt a hottie and a graduate of UK. ;);) For some reason, I do not follow the NBA and I really don't care much for college football. However, I just love college basketball especially during March Madness! :D:D One thing is for sure, you can go ahead a put North Carolina down for one of the final-four. Personally, I would not be surprised that they win it all yet again. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I like a little b-ball action occaisionally. My interest increases once the playoffs and championship hit.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I like a little b-ball action occaisionally. My interest increases once the playoffs and championship hit.
Same here croseiv for the most part. However, for some reason I am more anxious this year. :D:D Kentucky will improve and make a great run in the NCAA tournament. But, N. Carolina is just so talented and plenty deep. What team do you root for? Just curious my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
A few of my family are from West ky and got my fill with Kyle Macy and co. Between that and pistol Pete ive been a baller since 76. The best part is the tournament and Vegas. :D

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I'm a UK fan. Have been my entire life; family is all from there. Having said that, UK hasn't had a good team in about 5 years. Not, at least, up to UK standards...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
A few of my family are from West ky and got my fill with Kyle Macy and co. Between that and pistol Pete ive been a baller since 76. The best part is the tournament and Vegas. :D
I see. Where about in West KY is your family from if you don't mind me asking? Just curios is all. I sure do remember Kyle Macy quite well. Heck, you may have been close to where I live-you never know. If so, next time you visit stop by and say hello..........LOL!!!! :p:p

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm a UK fan. Have been my entire life; family is all from there. Having said that, UK hasn't had a good team in about 5 years. Not, at least, up to UK standards...
Hi Erin and thanks for posting. What part is your family from if you don't mind me asking? Yeah, our teams have not been the greatest. But, things are changing will Billy Clyde! ;);) It is just a matter of getting things to gel a bit better. Hopefully, things will come together before tournament time. Guess we will know soon enough. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I see. Where about in West KY is your family from if you don't mind me asking? Just curios is all. I sure do remember Kyle Macy quite well. Heck, you may have been close to where I live-you never know. If so, next time you visit stop by and say hello..........LOL!!!! :p:p

Cheers,

Phil
paducah through la center(heath), out to reidland. My nephew Stephen Rudy is a state rep.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
paducah through la center(heath), out to reidland. My nephew Stephen Rudy is a state rep.
Thanks Band. Paducah is a good ways from me. Not sure if you ever been up my way or not. I am just across the Ohio River from Evansville, Indiana. I mean Evansville, is less than 8-miles from my home. Owensboro is about 28-miles east of where I live and Madisonville is 42-miles south of me. Have you ever been up my way?

C

CitronBull

Junior Audioholic
I really cant get into it until the tournament. Til then, they're pretty much meaningless games. Thank god for the NBA and college football.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Hi Erin and thanks for posting. What part is your family from if you don't mind me asking? Yeah, our teams have not been the greatest. But, things are changing will Billy Clyde! ;);) It is just a matter of getting things to gel a bit better. Hopefully, things will come together before tournament time. Guess we will know soon enough. :):)

Cheers,

Phil
Small world…

My Dad is originally from Paducah. But, all my family is from or currently resides in Owensboro now. The only one who doesn’t is one my 4 uncles on my mother’s side; he lives out in the sticks somewhere. ;) I was born in Owensboro as were all my brothers. My folks moved from there when I was about 5.

I love O-town. I especially love Moonlight BBQ. YUM! :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Saw Rex Chapman play at Owensboro way back, but dont get that way much. :(
Oh yeah, I remember Rex as well. He is originally from Owensboro, KY. Not too sure what he is doing nowadays. Well, you were not too far from me when you seen him.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I've driven thru Paducah. I thought it was funny when I was in the grocery store to see all of the 4H farm animal prize winner photos all over the place, heehee.

I spent a couple of days in Berea while driving cross country. Good times.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Small world…

My Dad is originally from Paducah. But, all my family is from or currently resides in Owensboro now. The only one who doesn’t is one my 4 uncles on my mother’s side; he lives out in the sticks somewhere. ;) I was born in Owensboro as were all my brothers. My folks moved from there when I was about 5.

I love O-town. I especially love Moonlight BBQ. YUM! :)
That is great! It really is a small world. ;);) I see you were born in Owensboro-did you know Johnny Depp was too? As was Florence Henderson. :eek::eek: Lots of famous people from my area. Don Mattingly, Bob Griese, Andy Benes, and Jay Cutler to name a few. Thanks for letting me know. Go Cats!

Cheers,

Phil

PS: Moonlite is the bomb no doubt about it! :D:D

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I knew Mattingly and Depp were. Didn't Mattingly have a restaurant or something like that in that area? He was my brother's idol when he was in his late teens; my brother got his autograph and a picture with him. He has it in his living room. His prized possession. :)

MOONLIGHT FTMFW!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I knew Mattingly and Depp were. Didn't Mattingly have a restaurant or something like that in that area? He was my brother's idol when he was in his late teens; my brother got his autograph and a picture with him. He has it in his living room. His prized possession. :)

MOONLIGHT FTMFW!!!!!
Yeah, Mattingly had a place not far from where I work. He later opened up another in Owensboro. Deep was born in Owensboro, but grew up in Florida. Speaking of Moonlite-I am about due to visit yet again. :D:D

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis