Coaxial vs RCA in audio

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...the same is with pictures resolution 1080 p picture will look better and a bit sharper on 4K TV instead full hd TV with the same resolution
This is not something you want to get into with me. I know televisions fairly well. This assumption is not just wrong, is is blatantly wrong.

Upconversion of a video source is highly depending on the video processing which is in use and the display it is being fed to. Quite often the display and the conversion chip are significantly more modern. So, they have many intrinsic advantages which allow for minimal artifacts when converting from 1080p to 4K, but minimal artifacts is not the same thing as NO artifacts. The real advantage of that 4K display comes from it simply being a more modern piece of hardware, which may have better technology used in the display that already makes it brighter and have better or more accurate color saturation vs. an older 1080p display.

With front projection I see this all the time where people are thrilled with their new 4K projector, when watching 4K/HDR content, but for the most part, they see no difference between their older 1080p projector, and the brand new 4K model. Sometimes, they see a drop in contrast and complain that the experience is worse.

The bottom line is that you are making assumptions, and that's not the way this works. The individual product may do a great job with upconversion and may deliver a very slightly improved output, but it won't be completely free of artifacts introduced by the algorithm in error. At the end of the day, those chips are guessing at how to fill in the information, it's not dealing with an actual 4K (or high audio sampling) rate. So, there can be unintended errors in some content which would not be there if the original source was played back exactly as it is presented on the disc.

This is not the same as higher resolution/bandwidth content. That content starts out with more to work with and will inherently be better, or at least more accurate, from start to finish. It is what should be used, at all times, if best audio quality is the goal. This also means that appropriate equipment is in use to deliver that content.

C

Chris Anderson

Junior Audioholic
The Yamaha is NOT an SACD player.....all output from the cd player part will be 16/44.1.
Where did you get the notion that output would be "upscaled" to the full capabilities of the chip?
Yamaha just used the same 8 dollar chip in various players.
Even if output was "upscaled", that would accomplish absolutely nothing...you can't add what isn't there.

You have an extremely overpriced, badly reviewed standard cd player...that's it. Game Over.
No magic cable, RCA-COAX-OPTICAL is going to make the player any more than it is.
I don't have Yamaha CD-S700 but don't be so harsh this player isn't so bad from this what I read all-around about is still premium products and have planty things taken from model CD-S1000
Also usb in this unit is able playing music with
24/96 kHz and still NOBODY IS ABLE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION CD is 16/44,1 so how the hell cd players have DAC chip 24/192 why????what is the reason if upscaling is impossible why???
If you have a car which his max speed is 180km/h do manufacturers fit expensive tires with max speed 300km/h??? No !!!!! Simple is that the same with this DAC chip is a reason why is there and nobody is able to answer

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't have Yamaha CD-S700 but don't be so harsh this player isn't so bad from this what I read all-around about is still premium products and have planty things taken from model CD-S1000
24/96 kHz and still NOBODY IS ABLE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION CD is 16/44,1 so how the hell cd players have DAC chip 24/192 why????what is the reason if upscaling is impossible why???
If you have a car which his max speed is 180km/h do manufacturers fit expensive tires with max speed 300km/h??? No !!!!! Simple is that the same with this DAC chip is a reason why is there and nobody is able to answer
Apparently you don't know that a 24/192 DAC IC will handle a CD input of 16/44.1 perfectly well, and DAC IC that can only handle a sampling rate of about 48-54 kHz are over twenty years old, so not something you would use in a product some years old.

Here is a partial list if DAC IC (look for "Single Speed DACs (up to 48-54 kHz)" in the table): http://stephan.win31.de/dac-adc-hist.htm

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Apparently you don't know that a 24/192 DAC IC will handle a CD input of 16/44.1 perfectly well, and DAC IC that can only handle a sampling rate of about 48-54 kHz are over twenty years old, so not something you would use in a product some years old.

Here is a partial list if DAC IC (look for "Single Speed DACs (up to 48-54 kHz)" in the table): http://stephan.win31.de/dac-adc-hist.htm
Please don't feed the Troll.

This includes sincere attempts to explain things to him. He has already admitted his intention to act like a two-year-old – in other words – a Troll.

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai

This includes sincere attempts to explain things to him. He has already admitted his intention to act like a two-year-old – in other words – a Troll.
@Swerd
You have the situation diagnosed correctly. The OP is just here to stir the pot, hurl some insults, and get some airplay. They aren't even good insults, or creative ones. Just, as you said, two-year-old level behaviors.

How's them speakers doing? I still love mine. I recall you upgraded. Still doing great?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@SwerdHow's them speakers doing? I still love mine. I recall you upgraded. Still doing great?
Yes, the new (now 7 years old) speakers are great. In fact, they're so good, I'm done searching for anything better. Thanks for asking.

I'd say more, but I have to get ready for a funeral today at noon, about an hour's drive away.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How do tires and electronic components relate? Tire ratings are for safety.

BTW- CD players are audio-only, they have nothing to do with video. The example you ave about USB includes 'able playing music' (to quote exactly)- it can, but if the data is 44.1KHz/16 bit, it won't be taxed by being required to process data at its limits.

C

Chris Anderson

Junior Audioholic

stop talking nonsense like some ignorant i have explained many times before that in the audio world i am as green as grass i am just getting to know all technical novelties i have good and quite expensive audio video equipment because i am interested in it for some my questions may seem stupid but for me they are not stupid simply UNKNOWN
therefore the one who asks does not err and only the ignorant will not understand it

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
stop talking nonsense like some ignorant i have explained many times before that in the audio world i am as green as grass i am just getting to know all technical novelties i have good and quite expensive audio video equipment because i am interested in it for some my questions may seem stupid but for me they are not stupid simply UNKNOWN
therefore the one who asks does not err and only the ignorant will not understand it
So in your mind ignorant is okay because you haven't done any actual research?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Generally speaking, insulting people almost never motivates additional help.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis