Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over PS3 Failures from update 3.00

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I just installed 3.01 last weekend because I had to. I bought Tekken 6 and the damn game wouldn't play without it. :mad:

But I've been ok so far. *Knock wood*

B

BG3

Audioholic
I just installed 3.01 last weekend because I had to. I bought Tekken 6 and the damn game wouldn't play without it. :mad:

But I've been ok so far. *Knock wood*
Good luck. I was able to play games until I put a Blu-ray movie in. Not sure why the movie set the issue off but, it did.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Hmmm now I need to test mine. I just bought the new "Ratchet and Clank" game and it told me to donwload the latest firmware (included in the game) I think it was 3.01 But the download worked fine and the game plays great, but now I need to check out Blurays (even though I have two stand alone Bluray players and use the PS3 only for games)

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Well after reading this thread, I tested my PS3 and I rented "Pelham 123" on Bluray and the movie played just fine all the way through, then I tested a game and it also played fine (knock on wood) and so far no issues.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It will not affect all units. Some may be just within spec and when the new parameters are utilized, the unit may heat up or cause some other issue that results in those specific ones failing. Note that I had 3.00 and 3.01 installed for a few days prior to mine failing ( no I am not actually playing this )

F

Fatts

Audiophyte
Even with the problems that all sytems are having... what's my best bet...?:cool:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Even with the problems that all sytems are having... what's my best bet...?:cool:
Computers are always the best bet. I still think as far as consoles go PS3 has a better reliability track record than Microsoft, but according to this lawsuit Sony doesn't offer the same level of customer commitment as Microsoft does.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The problems seem to be mainly with the early systems. The Slim PS3s don't seem to be having the same number of issues.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ridiculous. Glad I have my xbox.
Ummm, the early 360 has had FAR more failures than the early PS3s. Microsoft seems to have solved that problem also though, and at the same time they did more for the customers by extending the warranties, but the failures still happened.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis