Classé Sigma SSP AV Processor and AMP5 Review

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
Get a power-sensing auto-on power strip for the amp. Problem solved.
Thanks for the advice, in my setup, the amp is in a closet nearby while the SSP is under the TV, the 2 are plugged to different wall outlets so I'm not entirely sure the auto-on outlet would work for me but maybe (I was hoping to keep the amp plugged to a separate wall outlet to avoid ground loops and to avoid overloading that one outlet).

The other approach I'm thinking about might be a DIY arduino/CAN BUS/relay system… that could be a fun project… if I had time on my hands that is. ;)

Alex.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the advice, in my setup, the amp is in a closet nearby while the SSP is under the TV, the 2 are plugged to different wall outlets so I'm not entirely sure the auto-on outlet would work for me but maybe (I was hoping to keep the amp plugged to a separate wall outlet to avoid ground loops and to avoid overloading that one outlet).

The other approach I'm thinking about might be a DIY arduino/CAN BUS/relay system… that could be a fun project… if I had time on my hands that is. ;)

Alex.
You have a mistake in your logic. You avoid ground loops by insuring that you have only 1 return path to ground. One way to accomplish that would be to have all of your electronics plugged into the SAME outlet.

Yeah, an arduino or similar system would also do the trick, it really wouldn't be too tough to build at all.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
You have a mistake in your logic. You avoid ground loops by insuring that you have only 1 return path to ground. One way to accomplish that would be to have all of your electronics plugged into the SAME outlet.
Right, thanks for the correction. And yes, I'm probably going to go the arduino route. :)

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
Because the 2 components are in different rooms (the power amp is in a closet a little further away), I still want to go the trigger route. I'm going to play around with an Arduino but this also looks like a great option: http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=CS12V

:)
I just installed the Niles Audio plug and it works perfectly! It even learns the standby draw of the device you're plugging to it which is really handy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis