Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
copied from Twice.com

“Circuit City CEO Ronny Shmoel has set Feb. 15 as the launch date for his iconic retail brand.

The go-to-market plan, revised, reexamined and reimagined over the past two years, will begin with an experiential website and expand to kiosks, store-in-stores and ultimately showrooms.”

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting. I always preferred shopping at Circuit City over Best Buy. Maybe it was just my local store, but it seemed to me that they devoted more effort in training their employees on their products. Glad to see them return. I wonder whether they'll eventually incorporate something like Magnolia for higher end AV gear? I see some Sennheiser headphones on their Amazon storefront.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting. I always preferred shopping at Circuit City over Best Buy. Maybe it was just my local store, but it seemed to me that they devoted more effort in training their employees on their products. Glad to see them return. I wonder whether they'll eventually incorporate something like Magnolia for higher end AV gear? I see some Sennheiser headphones on their Amazon storefront.
CC was the first decent and decent sized electronics store in my podunk home town.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I worked for CC until they closed. Loved that job. We actually had well trained people that knew their stuff. Our store always crushed out numbers, but in the end it didn't matter.

I'm not sure what the point of bringing back a brand that's been dead almost a decade is, but who knows.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
CC was always a good experience for me. Going into Best Buy, is like taking to Beavis and Butthead.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I bought a lot of speakers from Circuit City -- it would be nice to see them again -- however the competition will be tough, time will tell if they can survive.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis