Circuit City To Liquidate

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Too bad those liquidaters jack the prices up. Otherwise you might be able to get some deals.

I'm not happy to see another big company go out of business though.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I am glad that Circuit City is going out of business. Some time ago, they decided to save money by firing their long term employees and then rehiring some of them at reduced pay. Once they pulled that on their workers, I decided to never buy from them again. I say, good riddance to them. No one who treats workers like that deserves to stay in business.

DonBattles

DonBattles

Audioholic
I'm not happy to see another big company go out of business though.
Reading the article some 35,000 people company wide will be out of work :( Not good and I wish them all the best of luck entering an already suffering work market.

DonBattles

DonBattles

Audioholic
I am glad that Circuit City is going out of business. Some time ago, they decided to save money by firing their long term employees and then rehiring some of them at reduced pay. Once they pulled that on their workers, I decided to never buy from them again. I say, good riddance to them. No one who treats workers like that deserves to stay in business.
I understand your point but it's not just a company closing, it's 35K of it's employee's that will really suffer. The corp. itself file's bankruptcy and move's on, no big deal for them. I'll bet if you were to ask those that will be out of a job if they would be willing to take a pay cut that most would say "yes". Anyway no matter how you slice it it's all bad news really :(

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I understand your point but it's not just a company closing, it's 35K of it's employee's that will really suffer. The corp. itself file's bankruptcy and move's on, no big deal for them. I'll bet if you were to ask those that will be out of a job if they would be willing to take a pay cut that most would say "yes". Anyway no matter how you slice it it's all bad news really :(
It is unfortunate whenever people lose their jobs through no fault of their own. Hopefully, they will be able to get better jobs, though given the current state of the economy, that is not likely to be easy for them to do. Hopefully, Obama will live up to the expectations of his most fervent supporters so that the economy will improve soon so that the unemployed will be able to get better jobs than working at a place like Circuit City.

I do, however, disagree with your statement "Anyway no matter how you slice it it's all bad news really", for the reason stated in my first post in this thread. The owners will not be making money off of mistreating their workers anymore, and that is a good thing. Bad companies deserve to go under, though obviously 35k people being suddenly unemployed is the bad part of it. But it isn't possible for a bad company to go out of business and their workers to get to keep their jobs.

Overall, it is much better for Circuit City to go under than a similar sized company that is run with some integrity to go under. Circuit City deserves it, even if most of their employees do not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis