Cinema for a Victorian Community Hall

M

MVG

Audiophyte
I am new to Audioholics and would like to ask your advice.
We are a small Town and have a wonderful community Hall that was built in approximately 1890. This Hall acts as a meeting place for community groups. It did, many years ago, act as a Theatre, Cinema and Dance Hall for the community.

The Hall has a Victorian iron-braced vaulted ceiling (wood panelled) and a capacity of approximately 280 people. The acoustics appear to be very good as the building was originally designed as a Theatre. We would like to start a Cinema Club for the community and have already some components that have been obtained recently for Power Point presentations in the Hall.
We have a new, electrically operated drop down screen, enabling a viewing area of 12 x 12 feet. We also have a Canon XEED SX60 multimedia projector. The projector is owned by the community and could, therefore, be used by other groups who have a suitable room and screen. The surround sound system would need to be compatible with the Canon XEED SX60 projector. We have a maximum budget of approximately $4000.

I would appreciate your comments and recommendations for a DVD player, amplifier and wireless speakers to provide a (potentially mobile) Cinema surround sound system.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Nort meaning any disrespect, but with a venue of that size and your expectations being what they are, perhaps a local installer would be your best bet.

But, the first thing he'll tell you is forget wireless speakers. They ain't gonna cut it. He'll explain that to ya.

M

MVG

Audiophyte
Victorian community hall

markw said:
Nort meaning any disrespect, but with a venue of that size and your expectations being what they are, perhaps a local installer would be your best bet.

But, the first thing he'll tell you is forget wireless speakers. They ain't gonna cut it. He'll explain that to ya.

Many thanks markw for your response. I appreciate now that the wireless route may not be a good move.
Best regards,
MVG

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis