Chronicles Of Narnia

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Saw TL,TW&TW last night and loved it. I was on a date where believe it or not the girl asked if we could change our plans from the night we had planned (boring night in with friends) to go and see this. I pretended dissapointment, and let her know that since I'm such a good guy I'd let it be ladies choice, but inside I was doing the Happy Dance. Special effects were fantastic, but I was wondering if anybody noticed a lack of bass in the opening bomber sequence? I won't go into any details of the movie, you guys can start a spoiler thread for that. I will say the war scene was fantastic, much better than I'd hoped from a Disney Movie. The White Witch's role was played perfectly and convincingly and IMO it was the stand out performance. I'd give this movie 4 stars out of 5, maybe even 4.5. The movie stays pretty close to the book but my biggest gripe is how easy Edmund gets off, I remember hating him so much as a kid, but I guess the movie didn't have enough time to cover all the plots. My least favourite part of the movie, all the idiots figuring out that this movie borrows heavily from the bible. I literally heard someone whisper, "That's just like Jesus" at a scene in the movie many of you already know about. Wow, case solved Sherlock. It's almost like C.S. Lewis was religious, lol. Anyway, I'd highly suggest it for anyone, but the date I was with said she wouldn't let anyone under 10 see it (she teaches grade 3) and it is rated 14A (PG13 for you Yankees) for a reason. There is some realistic violence, even if it is coming from Minotaurs and Centaurs.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I just got back from seeing it with my boys, they both loved it. It was a very good adaptation of the book. Don't even get me started on theater sound systems. As of late, the only theater I have been impressed by the sound is an IMAX theater. We all saw Goblet of Fire the other night at one the newest theaters in this area, and while the screen was huge and picture great, the sound was very, very disappointing. I am spoiled with my home system now, its going take a heck of theater system to impress me. But yes, go take your kids to this movie, Great family movie and very faithful to the book.

W

W_Harding

Junior Audioholic
Narnia => recommended!

Highly Recommended. This is a movie that my wife and I felt was well worth seeing in a good movie theater. The visuals were great and the sound, in the theater we saw it in, was also excellent.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Kept very close to the book. I thought the visuals were very well done. Not as clearly obvious as any of the SW movies. The CG was beautifully integrated. All of the main characters were well chosen and did great jobs with their characters. Overall, though there obviously were no surprised because it was true to the book, I really enjoyed it :D

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
We saw this this weekend, and all of us loved it. I have to agree with Takeereasy that the White Witch was the standout performer for this movie.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Takeereasy said:
Saw TL,TW&TW last night and loved it. I was on a date where believe it or not the girl asked if we could change our plans from the night we had planned (boring night in with friends) to go and see this. I pretended dissapointment, and let her know that since I'm such a good guy I'd let it be ladies choice, but inside I was doing the Happy Dance. Special effects were fantastic, but I was wondering if anybody noticed a lack of bass in the opening bomber sequence? I won't go into any details of the movie, you guys can start a spoiler thread for that. I will say the war scene was fantastic, much better than I'd hoped from a Disney Movie. The White Witch's role was played perfectly and convincingly and IMO it was the stand out performance. I'd give this movie 4 stars out of 5, maybe even 4.5. The movie stays pretty close to the book but my biggest gripe is how easy Edmund gets off, I remember hating him so much as a kid, but I guess the movie didn't have enough time to cover all the plots. My least favourite part of the movie, all the idiots figuring out that this movie borrows heavily from the bible. I literally heard someone whisper, "That's just like Jesus" at a scene in the movie many of you already know about. Wow, case solved Sherlock. It's almost like C.S. Lewis was religious, lol. Anyway, I'd highly suggest it for anyone, but the date I was with said she wouldn't let anyone under 10 see it (she teaches grade 3) and it is rated 14A (PG13 for you Yankees) for a reason. There is some realistic violence, even if it is coming from Minotaurs and Centaurs.
Are you guaranteeing that if I take the missus that I'll get a "Good Boy" pat?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
If either of you ever read the books, or you both enjoy a good fantasy movie then I'd say that this is a must see. It is a bit of a kids movie, and there is way more story than action, but everything is so well done. Truth be told the kids movie part really didn't bug me at all. This is a story for children, and it is told that way, but it is done in the right way if that makes any sense. The White Witch was, like I said earlier, played to a tee and scarily enough looked identical to the image I've always had in my head of that character. I don't think a good boy pat on the head is out of the Question RJ, lol.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
4 out of 5

I think this is a good movie for the family. I think I'd buy the dvd once it's out. Not superb, but ok.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I'd have to go with the rest of the folks here. I thought the film was good, not great. I wish it would have stayed a little closer to the book, and kept some of the teeth of the story. It'll make my collection though. Pretty decent story.

I also loved the detail in the lip synching of the animals.

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
Just took my wife to see it for her birthday (got the good boy pat...:) ) It was a pretty good movie. Now that the standards have been raised so high I can't say I was blown away by anything, though a couple of years ago would have been a different story. This one is a good example of using the visual effects technology correctly: in support of the story as opposed to for it's own sake & to show off the effects company's chops.

I have managed to miss reading the books somehow, so the story was totally new to me & I rather enjoyed it, though it seemed a little rushed; I'll attribute that to being a movie adaptation. This one will eventually end up in the collection.

majorloser

majorloser

I thought itwas a very good movie, just not for young kids. Some of the fight scenes were intense, but not graphic.

The best description I have is, "It's LOTR for kids with Christian undertones".

Will probably buy it when it comes out..................from somewhere.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis