M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
"So not true, as matter of fact most sets that have 120hz setting look worse with them engadged."

I'm not talking about weither the 120hz is engaged or not, 120hz lcds are just better, have more to offer over 60hz models in addition to the 120hz.

Of course as a plasma owner, your inclined to think that way, but many people who don't own either and who are shopping for a new HDTV think lcds look better, untill someone comes along and convinces them through spec talk that they are not.

I have seen it happen more than once. Almost everyone I have met thinks LCDs look better before they learned anything about it.

And I know what my own eyes tell me. If my eyes are bad, so are thousands of other people's I guess. Like I said, some plasmas are better than others, but I know what I have seen, and I'm not the only one. My Dad can't even watch hockey without the puck dissappearing. Plasma guys will say it's the source. Ok, well, how come the puck doesn't dissappear on my lcd?

And I know not ALL plasmas have this problem, so let's not get into that, that's not the point.

Even better plasmas don't looks as good as high end lcds to me, so it's not just a few select models that are inferior which you would probably like to beleive.

Plasma owners should just print out a giant copy of their tv's specs and paste it onto their shinny, glossy screens so that the specs are all they can see when they watch their tv's because that's all they care about anyway.

Last edited:
A

allargon

Audioholic General
You have different eyes or poorly setup displays (likely). Only the lower end plasmas from LG, Akai, etc. look worse than the highest end Sony's, Sharp's, etc. The Pioneer, Fujitsu and Panasonics blow all the LCD's I've seen out of the water for superior color reproduction, black levels, etc. Even some DLP's look better to me than most LCD's. We won't even mention LCD's and motion resolution in the same sentence.

BTW, LCD's have always been the spec attention err...trollops of the display world touting things like contrast ratio, response time, resolution and frequency. To me, the 720p Pioneer Elite's look better than the 1080p Sharp's.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
"So not true, as matter of fact most sets that have 120hz setting look worse with them engadged.

I'm not talking about weither the 120hz is engaged or not, 120hz lcds are just better, have more to offer over 60hz models in addition to the 120hz.

There are a couple of LCDs that are fine displays, the Sammy A950 being the finest.

Of course as a plasma owner, your inclined to think that way, but many people who don't own either and who are shopping for a new HDTV think lcds look better, untill someone comes along and convinces them through spec talk that they are not.

Ive been doing this for a few years, and If you believe that im making statements based on the fact that i own a pdp, im not

I have seen it happen more than once. Almost everyone I have met thinks LCDs look better before they learned anything about it.

Ive sold/installed a 3 to 1 ratio plasma to lcd Im not saying anything about your friends preferences. Contrast, black levels, and motion resolution matter, and thats not just "numbers"

And I know what my own eyes tell me. If my eyes are bad, so are thousands of other people's I guess. Like I said, some plasmas are better than others, but I know what I have seen, and I'm not the only one. My Dad can't even watch hockey without the puck dissappearing. Plasma guys will say it's the source. Ok, well, how come the puck doesn't dissappear on my lcd?

And I know not ALL plasmas have this problem, so let's not get into that, that's not the point.

Yes, a poor display is a poor display, no matter the tech

Even better plasmas don't looks as good as high end lcds to me, so it's not just a few select models that are inferior which you would probably like to beleive.

Get what you like
Plasma owners should just print out a giant copy of their tv's specs and paste it onto their shinny, glossy screens so that the specs are all they can see when they watch their tv's because that's all they care about anyway.
No we will just snicker at your crappy picture:p

On a serious note, get what ever display you like, im not here to talk you out of anything

M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
DITTO,

But don't try to indoctrinate people into the world of tech bullshit. We all know from speakers that the ones with the best specs on paper, don't always sound the best. Tvs are no different. There is a placebo effect associated with specs. Once you believe something to be better, you look for it to be.

Just because plasmas look better on paper than lcds, but not in person to me, doesn't mean I have something wrong with my eyes. It means I have a brain. My own brain.

I will be upgrading my tv in a few months, and I won't go plasma if someone paid me to. They just don't look as good to me, simple as that.

The only thing you guys will be "snickering" at, is the tech comparison that you've been brainwashed by.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Ok, i was being sarcastic with the snickering comment;) Since you have offered nothing to conversation but subjective opinons and refuse to even look at the techno bable thats been offered, ill repeat myself----get what ever you want:)

M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
That's the point!!!

Tv buying should be about subjective opinion of the image, NOT spec sheets!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis