China has a Severe Energy Crisis.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
For those thinking we can get to a point where we no longer need fossil fuels:
We will always need lubrication for all types of machinery and motors regardless of how they are powered.
In order to be energy efficient it is necessary to lighten weight as much as possible within structural and safety parameters. Mining metals from the earth has it's own environmental issues. But lightening things means using plastics which are strong and durable yet light. Yes, they come from fossil fuels as well.
I simply don't see a solution short of a miraculous source of energy such as fusion power coming from seawater. The planet cannot support anything like our current human population for an extended period of time. I'm glad I'm not young anymore.
You rise the thorny subject of the size of the human population and is certainly a part of any solution to solve the energy crisis. The Catholic Church forbidding use of contraceptives is causing great damage both to individuals (mostly women) and to the society and our planet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You rise the thorny subject of the size of the human population and is certainly a part of any solution to solve the energy crisis. The Catholic Church forbidding use of contraceptives is causing great damage both to individuals (mostly women) and to the society and our planet.
There are some statistics that show that population growth levels off the more educated and developed a country becomes.

Don't even get me started on the Catholic church and their teachings. As far as I'm concerned that whole criminal organization needs to be prosecuted, dismantled and bankrupted for hiding and protecting pederast preachers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You rise the thorny subject of the size of the human population and is certainly a part of any solution to solve the energy crisis.
A hopeful look at population growth from another one of my favorite channels, Kurzgesagt. We actually peaked globally around the 1960s and have been slowing down since.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did read that painting 1 of the blades black drastically reduces bird deaths. Which btw, when compared to how many birds die from flying into buildings is miniscule.
Let alone cats.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A hopeful look at population growth from another one of my favorite channels, Kurzgesagt. We actually peaked globally around the 1960s and have been slowing down since.

What is not touched upon is the misogyny that is so pervasive all over the world. The Catholic Church is been mentioned as a historical prime example in the Western World. Other examples includes anti-abortion stance while at the same time forbids teaching of sexuality apart from abstinence. Or the new Texan laws, for that matter.

In Europe the Catholic Church remains as a malignant influence both for democracy as well as woman's rights.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What is not touched upon is the misogyny that is so pervasive all over the world. The Catholic Church is been mentioned as a historical prime example in the Western World. Other examples includes anti-abortion stance while at the same time forbids teaching of sexuality apart from abstinence. Or the new Texan laws, for that matter.

In Europe the Catholic Church remains as a malignant influence both for democracy as well as woman's rights.
I think the priveleged position of all churches needs to go away. I'm not saying we should necessarily punish or disadvantage them, but why not pay taxes like the rest of us? If the argument is tax exemption because charity, then show us just how charitable any one of them are and let them earn tax free status like any other non profit. Open the books!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
IMO, most Catholics don't follow the Church's law on contraceptives and abortion. In our Quebec province, birthrate is rather low and it's surely not because of abstinance. Many churches have been closed or sold, and some were even converted into condominiums. The Catholic Church has been harvesting what it had been sowing with the bullshit of sin and hell to scare people..

Last edited:
J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
I think the priveleged position of all churches needs to go away. I'm not saying we should necessarily punish or disadvantage them, but why not pay taxes like the rest of us?

Your Post 42
-----
Don't even get me started on the Catholic church and their teachings. As far as I'm concerned that whole criminal organization needs to be prosecuted, dismantled and bankrupted for hiding and protecting pederast preachers.
----

So what is now your position on the church ?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
One part of the solution is to reduce the need for cars. Better public transport and cities/suburbs planned around not needing a car for going to work, for instance.
Wishful thing, would be good but I think the US is too large in area to adequately adapt better transportation services, plus take in account those that rely on daycare and schools. My commute would be a nightmare on public transportation with my son. I suppose if people in one neighborhood all worked in the same area and kids went to the same schools and daycares and such. Lakewood/westaprk schools were built for location so it would minimize busses, there's schools all over but still a solid 15-25 min walk at max distance (I know, must be terrible to walk) however these days I don't trust society enough that my kids would make it safely to and from school. Good idea but epic failure for many families trying to get kids to and from school safely.
All together, those individuals commutes involve more than just going straight to and from work, add picking up dinner on the way home and its another issue.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Your Post 42
-----
----

So what is now your position on the church ?
I think the Catholic Church should be prosecuted like any other criminal organization for hiding and shuffling around pederast priests. How do you feel about an organization that has a system in place to do just that?

-----

I don't think churches in general should be automatically tax exempt. If any one is a legitimate charitable organization then there shouldn't be any issues with opening the books like any other nonprofit to show it, right?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think churches in general should be automatically tax exempt. If any one is a legitimate charitable organization then there shouldn't be any issues with opening the books like any other nonprofit to show it, right?
The way I see it, if a church is legitimately charitable and not buying Learjets for god... then they keep their tax exempt status. There are many that aren't tho, and in fact prey on the elderly.

I don't think every church is crooked, and there are plenty that do a lot of good and deserve it. Let's weed out some bad apples.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
I think the Catholic Church should be prosecuted like any other criminal organization for hiding and shuffling around pederast priests. How do you feel about an organization that has a system in place to do just that?

-----

So your post 46 was only about the church and the tax concept; it would be far better if churches wouldn't be subsidised at all.

Every pederast should be prosecuted.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Every pederast should be prosecuted.
I agree. How about the organization that hid it from the law and shuffled priests around for years to avoid prosecution while who knows how many more children were molested? It goes all the way to the top.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, back to the energy crisis... ol' Joe has another video explaining an energy formula to determine the efficacy of any given source.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Imagine all the taxes lost due to exemptions, regardless of religion and all the other tax exempt outfits. Perhaps enough to wipe away the debt?

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
I agree. How about the organization that hid it from the law and shuffled priests around for years to avoid prosecution while who knows how many more children were molested? It goes all the way to the top.
Also prosecute these organisations.

And while talking about 'all the way to the top'; let's also prosecute those on the top responsible for killing innocent people...e.g. collateral damage.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also prosecute these organisations.

And while talking about 'all the way to the top'; let's also prosecute those on the top responsible for killing innocent people...e.g. collateral damage.
Like the literal witch hunts and spread of aids in Africa because people are being taught that contraceptives are sinful?

I know that's not what you mean, and I can't say I disagree with you either. Now, how do we go about figuring out which world leaders aren't responsible for collateral deaths? That's probably the shorter list...

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Sounds like China needs to build wind turbines, use natural gas, and solar panels, the way the us is transforming. I wonder how important their infrastructure energy development is to their people. Probably not much and will probably continue.

American companies that moved to China, are supporting huge pollution to the planet. I hope they have to shut down mfg faciities that support their economy and bring back the jobs to the US/ Canada.

I just received a new pair of K-Swiss Ultra Shot 3 Tennis shoes made in China......what are you going to do and have 3 pair. Does Vietnam sound better than China???? Is China Admin only interested in their Military development for their people?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
China builds city’s nobody lives in . They have the absolute worst mineing death totals in the entire world every year and they don’t care . Having worked in the energy industries my whole life at a deep mine . They started shuttering our old coal fired plants 25 years ago and it’s not stopped here in the eastern part of the U S actually the power grids are at there limits as far as losing any more to keep the east coast grids up and running without interruption. If we have a cold sustained winter youl see running blackouts here now Iam talking record cold for long periods of time .
The technology was there 10 years ago in the form of fluid bed scrubbing of the coal burning process but very expensive to employ in every single plant and not all can be converted our because of old tech in the burners . It takes 10 years minimum to permit 1 single coal fired coal burning plant and there only one new plant in West Virginia that has went online in the last ten years as we’ve lost close to probably 30 to 40 in those 20 years that’s a lot out of a power grid for a 1/3 of this country.
In my area along we had coal fired plants here on the Ohio river from Pittsburgh to the Mississippi River we supplied . there are only mabey 5 plants left in an area that had over 18 up and down that span . I get it every body wants clean renewable energy but the fact as I know it gas fired has its own problems and really can not compete with the 2 major thermal coal types that are very abundant in this area price and especially BTU output . Iam retired now and Iam glad to be out of the rat race that is the Energy field as it’s a tough field to make a living in these days
In this area a 4 county swath in 1977 there were close to 50 deep mines alone now there’s 6 that still employ 400 men each on a good year down from 100.000 or more just twenty years ago . To replace fossil fuels you would have to have solor panels Just about every other square mile with wind turbines stuck in between each panel for supplemental use . It just don’t compete with the energy that coal power can generate efficiency and coast wise the tech is there to do it but it’s not cheap and neither is renewable that’s is available in today’s world . It would take any renewable source 40 years to have the technology in place and working to switch over just in 1 third of this country .

Edit There are two ports that are equipped to ship coal out of this country Baltimore Md. and New Orleans as natural gas that is developed here is shipped along with coal to China they are our biggest costumer as is Japan for coal .

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

I know that's not what you mean, and I can't say I disagree with you either. Now, how do we go about figuring out which world leaders aren't responsible for collateral deaths? That's probably the shorter list...
Collateral damage? How to avoid it?
Like the movie "War Games" said in the end best not to start.
Good luck with that. ;) :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis