Check out my flexy Rack

Saint

Saint

Junior Audioholic
Check out my Flexy-Rack I made Saturday.

Today I added the casters.

Dude you actually DID it. That's cool! I love it!

How do you like the H/K stuff? We're reviewing some of their low end gear soon and then I'll be slated to review the new 7300 whenever it comes off the assembly line.

PS. I got one word that'll make your life better: Split loom. :D

Saint

Saint

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Man!

I'm actually currently painting another six shelves black. you have NO IDEA how cheap MDF is :) I got enough for TWELVE shelves out of $25 piece of MDF.

Anyway H/K stuff is awsome. Mine is the super-low end AVR-120 model and it's "only" 45 watts per channel and my Axioms sound amazing. I'd definately get a higher end one next time w/ 7.1

The CD player on the other hand was a bad choice. It SOUNDS amazing, especially with HDCDs (I only have one actually), and it has analog AND digital ouput. But I've had tons of problems with it. This is the FL8380 model and cost $450 CDN when I bought it. I had to have the motherboard resoldered on, and it still has issues with some CDs. And whoever designed it is on crack because it ALWAYS has to cycle through every cd before stopping on the one you select.

What's split loom? For wire management?

hawke said:
Dude you actually DID it. That's cool! I love it!

How do you like the H/K stuff? We're reviewing some of their low end gear soon and then I'll be slated to review the new 7300 whenever it comes off the assembly line.

PS. I got one word that'll make your life better: Split loom. :D

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
Is that threaded rod that you used for the upright supports?

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Another Flexy builder, cool! I've been thinking of a similar caster arrangement for mine; glad to see yours. I gerryrigged a furniture slider arrangement under the rods. Like you, I found 5/8" allthread to be perfectly adequate. I was lucky in that I had some material called Environ left over from my signmaking days. It's an MDF made of recycled paper etc. They color the pulp in various colors and the result looks a lot like granite or other stone. I also built my computer desk from it. Alas, I've not found a consumer market source and the mfr. has hefty minimum orders.

A benefit of the design is that my tonearm is less prone to skipping when I go clodhopping across the room's less-than-rigid floor.

I heartily second the split loom suggestion!

U

Unregistered

Any chance I could get a pic of the computer desk?

Rip Van Woofer said:
Another Flexy builder, cool! I've been thinking of a similar caster arrangement for mine; glad to see yours. I gerryrigged a furniture slider arrangement under the rods. Like you, I found 5/8" allthread to be perfectly adequate. I was lucky in that I had some material called Environ left over from my signmaking days. It's an MDF made of recycled paper etc. They color the pulp in various colors and the result looks a lot like granite or other stone. I also built my computer desk from it. Alas, I've not found a consumer market source and the mfr. has hefty minimum orders.

A benefit of the design is that my tonearm is less prone to skipping when I go clodhopping across the room's less-than-rigid floor.

I heartily second the split loom suggestion!

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Unregistered said:
Any chance I could get a pic of the computer desk?
As soon as I find or take one without the usual clutter!

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I agree, nice rack poor wire management :D This is wire management.

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis