Cheaper, Used native 1080p or 720p projector on a budget

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
I am looking for a cheaper, used native 1080p or 720p projector with HDMI from a good company (BenQ, Viewsonic, Optoma) to replace the one that unexpectedly broke.

I wanted to eventually replace the projector that broke with a 4K one when we moved to a bigger place in a year, but since my unexpectedly broke, I am looking for a cheaper, replacement that I can use for one year and then sell when we move and get a larger house.

Thanks!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I am looking for a cheaper, used native 1080p or 720p projector with HDMI from a good company (BenQ, Viewsonic, Optoma) to replace the one that unexpectedly broke.

I wanted to eventually replace the projector that broke with a 4K one when we moved to a bigger place in a year, but since my unexpectedly broke, I am looking for a cheaper, replacement that I can use for one year and then sell when we move and get a larger house.

Thanks!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I recommended this to a friend who expressed an interest in a projector but his g/f had gone out and bought him one for xmas. Glocks sold me my H/T rec'r and it was perfect. No bullet holes or nuthin'.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I recommended this to a friend who expressed an interest in a projector but his g/f had gone out and bought him one for xmas. Glocks sold me my H/T rec'r and it was perfect. No bullet holes or nuthin'.
Yeah.....as his price creeps lower, my will power creeps lower!

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
Thank you. Used is probably the way I will go. My previous one was a cheaper, slightly less than 720p, therefore if I can spend less than 175, I can live with it for the next year until we move and I get my 4K.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would look at some of the older 1080p models on eBay. The w1070 from BenQ is a great choice...

There are several out there, but you should be able to find one for under $300. They have an excellent track record and models with low lamp hours should be a steal. I didn't actually put that many hours on mine and figure I will need to sell it. I will be lucky to get $250 for it from what I can tell.

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
Quick question, I can get a brand new, cheaper Chinese branded Excelvan Q7 which is stated to be a native 720p. As stated before, I am only keeping this for a year until we move and I get a much better 4k one. Is the Excelvan Q7 (or equivalent) native 720p projector, be a suitable replacement for my broken non HD projector?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Try to get a Acer 5380(720p) new or used. It's a fantastic projector and also does 3D. Here is a used one. The cover is not an issue. Maybe tell them to lower the price a bit.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Quick question, I can get a brand new, cheaper Chinese branded Excelvan Q7 which is stated to be a native 720p. As stated before, I am only keeping this for a year until we move and I get a much better 4k one. Is the Excelvan Q7 (or equivalent) native 720p projector, be a suitable replacement for my broken non HD projector?
Those are complete garbage. Epson has been suing some of these manufacturers because they are lying a great deal in their marketing.

That's being a bit unfair... They do actually make a usable image. But, they are often quite noisy, and often have image uniformity issues. They also tend to offer zero customer support, so if you have an issue you are SOL.

H

henkeli

Audioholic Intern
I went with a new Epson 2150 for $699 just to see if the family would enjoy turning the bonus room into a theater one day. We ended up putting 200 hours on the lamp in under 6 months and have since mounted her up to the ceiling and added a 2.1 & AVR setup that can expand to 7.2

It's an enjoyable unit with really cheap replacement lamps (under $50 I think) and active/RF 3D. It's worked out for us as a stop-gap product until we feel compelled to upgrade to 4K HDR.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I went with a new Epson 2150 for $699 just to see if the family would enjoy turning the bonus room into a theater one day. We ended up putting 200 hours on the lamp in under 6 months and have since mounted her up to the ceiling and added a 2.1 & AVR setup that can expand to 7.2

It's an enjoyable unit with really cheap replacement lamps (under $50 I think) and active/RF 3D. It's worked out for us as a stop-gap product until we feel compelled to upgrade to 4K HDR.
What's fun with starting with a budget projector is when you upgrade you are blown away by the image like you were the first time you used your budget PJ.

H

henkeli

Audioholic Intern
What's fun with starting with a budget projector is when you upgrade you are blown away by the image like you were the first time you used your budget PJ.
it's all part of my carefully constructed WAF success planning.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis