L

low volt tech

Audiophyte
I have an HD direct t.v. sat tuner and I am trying to modulate a front door camera. I am using a Channel plus 5445 modulator and I have diplexed the signal at both ends, on the receiver end I diplexed the sat to the receiver and ant. (which is the modulated front door camera) to the off air antenna input. I then went to the direct t.v. menu and did a scan for off air antenna signals and it did not find the camera. I tried several channels from 14-64 which was recommended. Any suggestions??:confused:

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Welcome.
As a quick test, I'd remove the diplexers and run the cable from the camera modulator straight to the TV. If the picture is good, I'd try connecting to the receiver and scan for the off-air signal again. Then connect just the diplexer at the receiver, and finally the last diplexer. Hopefully, you will have narrowed the problem to one component.

L

low volt tech

Audiophyte
I am using a surround sound receiver in this mix. The modulated signal goes to the HD receiver off air antenna, it is then fed component to the surround sound receiver which is then fed component to a plasma. I would'nt think this would be a problem. Will a modulated signal run through component wiring?

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Just a guess, but It's possible the satellite receiver doesn't convert the antenna RF signal to the component output. Even so, during the channel scan process, it should still find the signal (Forgive a dumb question: The modulator is at the camera location, and it's output is what you're inserting into the cable with the diplexer?).
The receiver may de-modulate the channel - you may get it on the Video or S-Video ports even if it's not at the component output.

louis2311

Audiophyte
HD Tivo + Modulator

low volt tech said:
I have an HD direct t.v. sat tuner and I am trying to modulate a front door camera. I am using a Channel plus 5445 modulator and I have diplexed the signal at both ends, on the receiver end I diplexed the sat to the receiver and ant. (which is the modulated front door camera) to the off air antenna input. I then went to the direct t.v. menu and did a scan for off air antenna signals and it did not find the camera. I tried several channels from 14-64 which was recommended. Any suggestions??:confused:
Is it a HD Tivo? I tried doing one yesterday it doesn't look for analog off air channels only Digital does anyone know how to make it work? I'm using a Triple Play MM73

E

Eric Apple

Junior Audioholic
Use the TV's tuner

Use the TV's tuner to receive the modulated signal from the camera or Triple Play. Take the Tivo and Sat tuner out of the picture.

louis2311

Audiophyte
Eric Apple said:
Use the TV's tuner to receive the modulated signal from the camera or Triple Play. Take the Tivo and Sat tuner out of the picture.

My plasma is a monitor only I could hook up a vcr to do it but I would rather not.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis