Chane SBE-118 18" Sub On Closeout ONLY $349!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Chane has the SBE-118 18" passive sub on closeout for ONLY $349! There are limited quantities available and will ship later this month. The massive 18" driver is made by Eminence. The finish is said to be a fine pebble black. Here is a link for those interested:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/SBE-118

Here is a link where Jim Wilson albeit Jman did a well written review:

http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/forum/showthread.php?47809-Chane-SBE-118-Subwoofer-Review

Chane also has their 3600 Amplifier on closeout for ONLY $249! Has plenty of power and weighs in at 50-lbs.! Here is a link:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/3600

Getting an 18" passive sub AND a 1,800 watt RMS amp for ONLY $598 is a steal inmho! The sub will ship freight. Jon can get good discounts on shipping. When I bought my Chane A2.4's shipping was only $29 for all (3). Thus, the A2.4's boxed weighed a little over 30 lbs. each. Therefore, shipping for the amp/sub combo would be somewhat reasonable. However, both the amp and /or the sub is heavy. Just saying...........;););)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
-Sealed Design
-Measures 22.5"X 20"X 20" (HXWXD), ~90 lbs.
-1" HD MDF w/2" Thick Front Baffle
-7-Year Warranty On The 18" Driver
-18" Driver 8 ohm w/Die Cast Basket
-Made IN USA

*Please note that the 3600 amp is rack mounted and weighs in at 50.5 lbs.!*

Not too shabby inmho! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Two of these 18" subs at 8 ohm each wired in parallel will yield a 4 ohm load mono. That being said, the 3600 amp is a 2 CH amp that can be bridged to 4 ohm mono load. That would be ~ 1,000 rms watts of power to each 18" sub. Thus, (2) 18" sealed subs w/a 2K rms watt amp for ONLY $950 is a total steal inmho. I myself would be all over this if I were in the market for a sub or subs. Jon Lane offers huge discounts on shipping as well. Certainly something to think about! Just saying................;););)

Cheers,

Phil

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
As with any product, Research the company and their products thoroughly before making any decisions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Watch the terms, especially on that amp... "All sales final unless DOA replacement in first 30 days". Amp is aka Suntron MQ600 so might want to research.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As with any product, Research the company and their products thoroughly before making any decisions.
Watch the terms, especially on that amp... "All sales final unless DOA replacement in first 30 days". Amp is aka Suntron MQ600 so might want to research.
Are you aware of issues? Or are you suggesting this as a generally good approach?
I ask, because the couple of threads I read on the amp looked pretty good, but I did not do exhaustive research on it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you aware of issues? Or are you suggesting this as a generally good approach?
I ask, because the couple of threads I read on the amp looked pretty good, but I did not do exhaustive research on it.
Me, no, not aware of issues but not familiar with Chane's branding of this Suntron amp (which elsewhere someone said may be a QSC clone....dunno). That's just a very limited warranty :) No idea of fan noise either.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
According to Jon Lane the amp is fully capable of powering (4) of the SBE-118 subs. That would end up being a 4 ohm stereo load per channel. That is very impressive imho. I have owned the Chane A2.4's across the front and can tell you first hand that they were exceptional. Jman also reviewed the sub and had lots of good things to say about it. Therefore, I am certain this is no doubt a good deal for those in the market for a large sub.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
According to Jon Lane the amp is fully capable of powering (4) of the SBE-118 subs. That would end up being a 4 ohm stereo load per channel. That is very impressive imho. I have owned the Chane A2.4's across the front and can tell you first hand that they were exceptional. Jman also reviewed the sub and had lots of good things to say about it. Therefore, I am certain this is no doubt a good deal for those in the market for a large sub.

Cheers,

Phil
I'm not particularly questioning the amp spec, but rather the backing warranty....it is a risk somewhat. Trust me, I'm tempted just to pick one up! I just don't particularly need it :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not particularly questioning the amp spec, but rather the backing warranty....it is a risk somewhat. Trust me, I'm tempted just to pick one up! I just don't particularly need it :)
Yeah, warranty is a consideration no doubt. But then again, it is only $249 too. Like many things in life, as you say it is a bit of a gamble. If I were looking for sub wooffage and had a bigger room I would be all over this deal. Could not even begin to imagine what dual SBE-118 18" subs would do to my small room. I am sure it would be a wild ride though......LOL!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Seems too good to be true...lack of known owners or reviews (sub)...just makes my spidey senses tingle.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Seems too good to be true...lack of known owners or reviews (sub)...just makes my spidey senses tingle.
Jim Wilson reviewed the sub and has very good things to say about it. I place a high degree of trust to the validity of his findings. But, I have not found any other significant review. However, I will get in touch w/Jon Lane tomorrow and see if there is any.

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Jim Wilson reviewed the sub and has very good things to say about it. I place a high degree of trust to the validity of his findings. But, I have not found any other significant review. However, I will get in touch w/Jon Lane tomorrow and see if there is any.

Cheers,

Phil
Maybe he can fix the links to J-man's measurements!

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe her can fix the links to J-man's measurements!
If not, then maybe Jman still has them stored. However, I will ask Jon to fix the links. I was hoping to see them myself. Thought it was just my computer, but it sounds like that is not the case. Have a busy day tomorrow, but will try to give Jon a call to see what I can find out. Very good idea!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE!

I got to speak to Jon Lane this afternoon. He informed me that the 18" driver will come with a 1-year warranty. The reason being is that the SBE-118 is being phased out. Shipping will cost around $100 for a single sub. Duals would be around $175-$180 or so. However, if anyone also orders the 3600 amp at the same time, then there is no additional charge for shipping. That is nice given that the 3600 amp weighs in at 50-lbs.

The warranty on the 3600 amp is 30-days. But, Jon said he would take care of anyone that has any issues for a reasonable amount of time beyond the 30-days. He can't warranty it too much longer b/c it is already being sold at below cost. BTW, shipping to the West coast may be a bit more expensive, but nothing too bad.

As far as reviews go, Jman albeit Jim Wilson is the most significant. The files that won't open were lost when Chane upgraded their website 2-years ago. I will see if Jman can log back into Chane and re-post them. That is, even if Jim still has them. Will work on that as soon as I can. It is almost Golden Corral time........love me some Prime Rib! Will be back in touch very soon. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

J

Jon Lane

Audiophyte
Phil was kind enough to phone and share with me that he placed this post - Phil is a real gentleman and a tremendous enthusiast that we love hearing from.

If anyone has any questions we're more than happy to answer them. Please contact me personally.

The 3600 is priced and termed as it is simply because it's being liquidated. (Landed cost on lots of 100 of them is about $340, as I recall.) The woofer is similarly featured. I just hope that we can help a few folks out and make some friends.

Thanks in advance, and if feel free to email us for anything related.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Phil was kind enough to phone and share with me that he placed this post - Phil is a real gentleman and a tremendous enthusiast that we love hearing from.

If anyone has any questions we're more than happy to answer them. Please contact me personally.

The 3600 is priced and termed as it is simply because it's being liquidated. (Landed cost on lots of 100 of them is about $340, as I recall.) The woofer is similarly featured. I just hope that we can help a few folks out and make some friends.

Thanks in advance, and if feel free to email us for anything related.
I think the main thing missing is some indication of the Frequency Response/Performance.
All we have to go off of is "103dB average, 20-30Hz" which is useful, but does this sub need dsp to perform well? What is F3?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis