R

rrivenburg

Audiophyte
I have 3 Chane 752 speakers. 2 Klipsch 600 II. 2 sonance ceiling speakers.... Old Yamaha Advantage 1040. My problem not enough power to drive the Changes 752... Looking for new, any suggestions...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have 3 Chane 752 speakers. 2 Klipsch 600 II. 2 sonance ceiling speakers.... Old Yamaha Advantage 1040. My problem not enough power to drive the Changes 752... Looking for new, any suggestions...
Your AVR should have no problem driving those speakers since the Chane specs show 91dB/1W input sensitivity. Check the speaker levels, especially if you recently bought these. Did you run YPAO? You can raise the levels of each speaker easily, but I would do the setup on a computer, not with the remote (it's a pain).

With the AVR connected to your network (I always recommend using an ethernet cable instead of WiFi), find its IP address, open the browser on your computer and enter the address (non-Apple router would have a 192.168.xxx.xxx address) and add '/setup', so it will be 192.168.x.xxx/setup and it will give you much better and faster control of every setting.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, 110W per channel should be enough to drive those speakers unless you like live concert level SPL levels. That also depends on the room size and seating distance. Don't need to replace the AVR though. The A1040 has pre-out jacks on the back so you could add a two channel amp for the mains or a 3-channel amp if you want to drive the front 3 louder. Note that a 3dB increase in volume requires double the power so you'll need to look at amps with over 200W per channel to notice an appreciable difference. I would try the recallibration first though as suggested by highfigh.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis