Cerwin-Vega XLS-15 15” 3-Way Floor Tower Speaker

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
615FDDC8-256B-4C4D-A857-FA177EF08F78.jpegLet’s remind today’s newbies why Cerwin Vega is still a beast! Klipsch lookout these bad boys are 92.3 db open space rated 1 w/2m

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Let's remind today's newbies why JTR is still the 800lbs gorilla.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Growing up my Dad and Uncle had 4 Cerwin Vega floorstanders with 15” drivers. They used Marantz Receivers with only 50 watts/ch and you would go deaf.

My Dad worked at GM which damaged his hearing. When your drink and lost hearing Cerwin Vega speakers will put a smile on your face:D:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 30459Let’s remind today’s newbies why Cerwin Vega is still a beast! Klipsch lookout these bad boys are 92.3 db open space rated 1 w/2m
The CV site/manual has the sensitivity spec as "92.3 dB (8 ohm, 1 m full)". Not sure what that means but likely not 2m and may not be 1w either. Do they mean full range, tho? Do they mean 1 w at 8 ohm being 2.83V? Or you have some more info on how CV does the spec?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Full space is outdoors without boundary gain. In room corner loaded could mean 110 db/1m. My mistake on the 2m was going of memory:rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Full space is outdoors without boundary gain. In room corner loaded could mean 110 db/1m. My mistake on the 2m was going of memory:rolleyes:
Still wonder why they don't specify voltage/watts....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis